
The POW MIA Motorcycle Rally was going on in town that weekend and there were bikers everywhere. I mean REAL bikers.

I love the movie Legally Blonde. Elle Woods is one of my favorite characters. When she goes to Harvard and is all dressed up in her pink sparkle outfits everyone stares at her like she is crazy. That is kinda what it was like to drive around that night. These tough bikers would watch us ride past them with bewildered expressions. I kept telling Kenny they just liked my cheerful colors and that's why they were staring.....or maybe they were going to beat us up. Did I mention REAL BIKERS?

Seriously, it was a great night and I did catch a few smiles and chuckles as I waved to my fellow biker folk. I love riding around on a summer evening. I love the different smells that are in the air. The sweet smell of cut grass. The smell of sprinkler water on hot pavement, the cool musty smell by the canal banks. The smell of diesel exhaust....yes I'm talking to you Mr.tough guy in the truck that gunned it in the underpass right before us. Thank you for the gas cloud of death.
After dinner, ice cream and a movie we headed home. Putting proper hair care precautions aside I shook my hair out and let the wind blow through it. It was exhilarating.
No comments:
Post a Comment