Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sore thighs and Rainbows

Yesterday I did walking lunges and squats. ALOT of them, and man am I feeling it today! I can barely lift my legs high enough to clear one stair and sitting down or standing up is painful! I am expecting it to be worse tomorrow. ;o) Today I needed to bike for one hour as part of my training for the half marathon so I put Kylie in the bike trailer (she weighs 45 lbs) and off I went. THE PAIN! THE AGONY! Just kidding it wasnt that bad, but boy did it BURN! On my way home it started to get a little stormy. I love summer rain storms when it is hot out side but the wind is cool and it smells so good. The last 2 miles home are up hill and I was trying to justify getting off my bike and walking it.....when I saw it. The most brilliant and beautiful rainbow I have ever seen! It was almost completely connected from one arc to the other. The colors were rich and ran together.. red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. I was mesmerised and my mind drifted to when I was a little girl and I would lay on the grass and look at a rainbow until it faded away. It filled me with hope and reminded me of the beauty of this world that God created for me. Everytime I see a rainbow I feel like God is sending me a message. Something to brighten my day, something to remind me of my blessings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You will be smokin hot by the time of the race not like you already are. Have fun in Heber!

Liz said...

You are awesome and keeping the perspective is fantastic. I know you are going to do great in your race. I am so proud of you. What an accomplishment.

Darci and Ryan said...

Hey Tenae!

I just happened to figure out that all of you have blogs! It was fun to see you at the reunion. Email me at rsllewis@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to our blog, it's blocked. Then we can keep in touch better. Good luck on your race!