Sunday, February 22, 2009

Amazing Revelation!

You know when you have been telling your children or husband something over and over and they don't take you seriously, and then some other person tells them exactly the same thing and suddenly they take it as gospel truth?

Kylie talking to me while I am fixing her hair.

Kylie: "Mom, today at school this lady was telling us about being a tattle tale. She read us a book and about it. She said that if someone is going to get hurt then you should tell an adult, but if no one will get hurt then we shouldn't because that would be tattling."
Me: "I have been telling you that forever!"
Kylie: "No mom, like if someone is bleeding then you can tell someone."
Me: "So, what does that mean for you at home? When should you tell on Kendall?"
Kylie: "I don't know."
Me: "If Kendall is getting into the pantry to have a snack is he hurting anyone?" Kylie: "No."
Me: "So should you tell on him?"
Kylie: "No, but he's not supposed to be in there."

(Kendall over hears and says, "Hey! Why am I the one in trouble here!?") If the shoes fits......

Me: "That is not your business and he isn't hurting anything so you don't tattle. If Kendall is playing with matches and he lights paper on fire should you tell?"
Kylie: "Yes."
Me: "Good. So I don't want to hear any more tattling."
Silence
Kylie: " Ya but Kendall tattles...."
SIGH

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OH my! This sounds SO familiar!!! I think we have this exact conversation at least a few times a week! hahahah...