Sunday, September 28, 2008

The UGLIEST Thing in the Universe

So, lets imaging that you are an inventor/designer. You are going to make an ingenious item to be used in the home. It will have a practical use and be stunning to the eye. Now I am just curious who the person was that designed this......
I mean who thinks to themselves, " I am going to make a clock in a cube that winds up and plays 'Fur Elise' in a music box fashion. Then I am going to attach fiber-optic lighting to the top and add silk flowers. The lighting and flowers will turn as the music plays."

Kylie dug this lovely contraption out of this car...

This is the junk car that parts are being taken off of. They are then using the parts to build this..

Kenny is restoring a Nova. So anyway, she finds the "thing" and has been carrying it around for a few days. My in-laws come over to play cards and I go retrieve the "thing" to show Cheryl, my mother-in-law. I am smiling as I am imaging her horror and amazement at the ugliness of the "thing". I walk out into the living room holding it and the following conversation ensues....

Me: "Look at this"

Cheryl: " Hey, that's mine! Where did you get that?"

***Stunned silence***

Me: "Um, why on earth would you have one of these"

Cheryl: "Someone gave it to us as a gift. It used to have a dome covering the flowers. I thought we gave it to DI."

Me: "This is the ugliest thing I have ever seen."

Cheryl: " We used to have it on the table in our living room."

We laughed and laughed! It was hilarious. Later that evening, Lisa, my sister-in-law came over. She walked in, saw the "thing" and said, "Hey!, that used to be in our living room!"

If any of you grew up in the 70's and had this "thing" in your living room, I am sorry if I offended you, but let's face it.... IT IS UGLY!

No comments: