Thursday, July 3, 2008

Looking Back

This weekend has been two years since I made a life altering decision. I have had many thoughts running through my head as I think back to my life two years ago and where I am today. Was it really only two years ago? The 6 years prior to this day were filled with turmoil, sadness, and pain. Those 6 years seemed to drag on endlessly and I was trapped in a world partly of my own making.

The last two years have been filled with healing, forgiveness, peace, growth and happiness. This was possible because I finally empowered myself enough to take a stand. My life is incredibly boring. Most days are the same. There is no drama, no crazy stories...and I LOVE IT!

My mind is filled with faces. Faces of the people who loved me and my family. Faces of people who helped me find my courage, faces of people who did not judge. It brings me to tears when I think of these kind souls, for they will probably never know what they mean to me. Thank you Liz...for being there for me through the thick of it....for loving me even when I became a burden to you, for being the strength that helped me take the biggest step. Thank you mom and dad....for sitting back helplessly and watching me struggle and then welcoming me with open arms when I was ready. Thank you Trenna....for just loving me and my family, for not judging, for sitting by me in church and reaching out to me during those tough lessons in RS. Thank you Lisa....for helping me cope during the opening of my eyes, through the days when I was so lonely, for standing up for me in the face of your family, for being a strong woman for me to learn from. Thank you Ken and Cheryl....for being supportive even though it was breaking your hearts. Thank you Aaron....for the assistance to live, for taking a stand with me. Thank you Ray and Christie....for being the truest friends to both of us, for not judging, for giving second and third chances. Thank you Spjute family....for rallying around my family, for reaching out time and time again, for cheering for our success. Thank you....Bill for being the voice of reason, the glimmer of hope, the assurance of choices. Thank you...Gina for helping me to find myself again, for your guidance, for helping me to forgive and let go. Thank you.... to all the friends and family who prayed for me and for my family. I will forever be grateful to you all.

The past has been difficult and I have lived a lot of things that I would not wish on anyone. Even after all this, I would not trade those experiences, for they are the foundation of who I am today. I see the world differently. My future is unsure. But one thing is certain, I KNOW WHO I AM, and I will never lose sight of that again.

2 comments:

Jenny Bobo said...

Whenever I tell anyone about my sisters, I always say how amazed I am by both of you. Hope you know I love you and look up to you. I love who you are...and I always have. Thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

You have always been awesome and I have always loved you from day one. You are such a strong person, who is caring and very thoughtful. Thank you for all you taught me through that time. It actually made me the person I am today and I am greatful I was a part of it, and still am. You are AWESOME