Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Most Amazing Concert EVER!!

I like concerts okay.  They are fun. Usually…… if I like the artist. But there is only ONE band I have ever REALLY wanted to see live.  And that is U2. I love their music and I just couldn’t bear the thought of never seeing them in concert before they are done touring. I found out they were coming to Salt Lake and begged Kenny to take the day off and go with me.  I called my dear friend from High School, who is also a U2 fan, to see if she wanted to buy tickets and go.  Turned out she was already going so we met for dinner and they let us hitch a ride to the stadium with them.  It was so fun.  I love miss Nycole Lyman Wescott. How would I describe her…. beautiful, infectiously happy, a free spirit and in her own words, a hippy.  She made me laugh so hard when she said in all seriousness, “I bought this awesome book called ‘How to be a Lady’.” I seriously could not stop laughing.  She told me that being raised by hippies, she needed all the help she could get. Love it.♥

IMG_2238

I loved this display in the store Anthropology.  Kenny thinks I ‘m weird.  But I think it is so fun.  That is a cool store.

IMG_2242

This picture is SO Nycole. 

IMG_2244

Bryce and Nycole & Kenny and I

IMG_2248IMG_2251

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2253

Can you tell we are PUMPED?!

IMG_2255

Smashed like cattle on the tram

IMG_2261

IMG_2263

IMG_2270

See the red letters?  That is the occupancy of the stadium.  50,000 people! And the number just kept growing.

IMG_2277

 

 

And the concert begins………………

They sound amazing live and the stage/light show was awesome. As cheesy as it sounds, this really did fulfill a lifelong dream for me.

IMG_2278

IMG_2281

IMG_2283

IMG_2285

IMG_2288

I got some video but I was singing along and I get annoyed at myself when I listen. ;o) Maybe I’ll post it because even with me squawking in the background, Bono rocks Mysterious Ways.

2 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

I'm so jealous! You and Nyc are both so beautiful-glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! i love you! How fun was that?! I'm SO jone'n to go again! For real! Okay, now I am speaking like a hippie! So, as a lady...I had a fabulous time with both of you! It was way good to get together. Love you a ton.