Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Hearts of the Children Turn to their Fathers

 

Memorial Day 2011

I asked my parents if they would take me and the kids to the cemetery to put flowers on the graves of our relatives who have passed away. This was a first for me and my little ones.  My parents made it a special experience by bringing flowers, flags and pictures.  We placed flags on the graves of those who have served our country.  I loved that my parents brought pictures to show my children who it was we were remembering.  It was a wonderful experience I hope my children will always remember.IMG_2342

Great Uncle

IMG_2345

Great Grandparents

IMG_2348

 

IMG_2351

 

IMG_2350

Grandpa Lynn and Grandma Emily

IMG_2355

 

IMG_2354

Grandma Gertrude

IMG_2356

Dad showing the kids pictures of his grandparents

IMG_2359

Great Grandparents

IMG_2360

 

IMG_2363

 

IMG_2362

Great Aunt

IMG_2365

This is a picture of my Grandma Emily Hall.  Everyone says I look like her.  When I look at this picture I see myself and I wonder about this girl.  I wish I had known her better. She died when I was eight. 

IMG_2366

Great Uncle Richardson.  He died in the Battle of the Bulge during WWII.

IMG_2367

IMG_2369

The Richardson Family

Wendall is on the top in the middle.  My grandma Emily on the bottom far left. Thanks mom and dad for making this such a special experience for me and the kids.  I love you.

IMG_2368

We also went out to the Field of Hero’s to walk through the crosses, each bearing the name of a soldier from Idaho that died while serving in Afghanistan or Iraq.

IMG_2337

IMG_2339

2 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

You have a lot of longevity in your family! That's neat you could do that. I don't have any family buried nearby. Also-crazy that you have to wear winter coats on Memorial Day! Where is summer!?

Jenny Bobo said...

This is so cool. Jaxon asks me all the time if we can go and visit a cemetery and see where some of our family is buried. This is one of the times I wish I was closer. Love it.