Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Pooping Doll

Kylie is 9 this year and still believes in Santa.  I am glad. I want the magic to stay as long as it can. Although she is a firm believer, I think this may be the last year for her.  When she made out her Christmas wish list this year she asked for a Nintendo DS.  I was sad. This is the first time she asked for electronics instead of toys. She is growing up.  She still had several toys on her list. Many are toys I would not normally buy. I decided to get them in case this is the last year she asks for toys. *sniff*  One of those toys was a Baby Alive.  As Kenny and I were shopping for her I found the Baby Alive and was reading the box to figure out what exactly this doll does. To my astonishment not only does it pee, but it POOPS!.......WHAT?!  Whose idea was it to make a pooping doll? And HOW does it poop?  Are there pellets?  I kept picturing little pez shaped poops.  NOWHERE on the box does it tell you about the poop.  If you are welcoming a pooping doll into your home you need to know these things! Christmas morning I couldn't wait for Kylie to open that doll and get it out.  I was morbidly curious about the pooping doll.  I mean really, how does that work? 

The Scoop: You mix special powder in the water and then it poops.  But it really just looks like the pee.
Only brown. And now I can rest at night because I know how the doll poops.
  I wonder how many times I have typed poop in this post? POOP POOP POOP. Alot.
Here are the faces of my family when I told them the doll poops.

Another great point Kylie brought up this year is-  the issue with the song, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.  I have never ever thought about it before, but for a child that truly believes in Santa, it's a disturbing song.  Kylie asked me why Santa was kissing the kids mom? What do you say to that?


Kylie: Mom, you need to cut my bangs.
Me: I will do it after work today.
Kylie got tired of waiting for me to trim her bangs and did it herself. *sigh*
In other random thoughts...
I have discovered that if I want to accomplish a large task like cleaning my entire house, it is much more pleasant and even a little enjoyable when I listen to my ipod with my awesome mix of songs. It's weird. As soon as I put on my earphones and start rocking out I am a cleaning machine! I recently started taking my tunes with me to grocery shop. It is awesome. I tune out everyone at Walmart and I am on a roll. I think I shaved a good 45 minutes off my time. The only downside......there are some songs that take a concerted effort to hold back from belting it out. There were a few occasions that I started singing without realizing it and I did eventually notice the stares and snickers coming from the other shoppers and ceased.

2 comments:

The Happy Halls said...

Thanks for the laughs. As usual. I love your sense of humor and your take on life in general. I don't think you fully realize what a blessing you are to me. You are like sunshine on a grey dreary day. Thanks for just being YOU! Love mom

Diesta said...

Well maybe Kylie will e like aunt Kristi and cut hair...you gotta try things out !!!!@!!! hope you guys had a Merry Christmas.