Saturday, December 26, 2009

Kaiden Says

Kaiden: Mom, why did Santa bring me toys?
Me: Because you were good.
Kaiden, looking indignant: I was NOT good! I was bad! I was only good yesterday and today!
Okay then.


Christmas morning eating breakfast at the Simpsons-
Grandma S.: What time did you guys get up this morning.
Kenny: About 1:10 AM.
Kylie: No sir, dad! It was 1:12!
.

Kenny's parents came over to play Pinochle. As they were leaving-
Kaiden: Goodbye my mom and dad's, mom and dad.
Grandma S.: Goodbye my son's, son.
Kaiden: Hey! I'm not your son!
He almost had it figured out.


Kylie: Mom, what are dwarfs?
Me: They are little people.
Kylie: Oh. Do they live in the jungle?


I took the girls to the mall a few days before Christmas.  As we walked past the kid play area and Santa's workshop, Kylie wistfully said- "Can we play in there for a minute?"
Me: Nope. You are shopping with the big girls today.
We went on our merry way and Kylie had fun spending her $20.  She bought practical stuff like a giant sparkling pink rubber duck and a fist sized irridescent heart on a chain. Talk about bling.  Although she didn't mention it again, apparently she hadnt forgotten about the play area because on our way to the car she mumbled under her breath, "I don't like acting like a big girl."


Kaiden: If girls kiss boys they HAVE to marry them.


Kylie is always putting together some sort of play.  She was casting characters for the Wizard of Oz.  She was reading the list out loud to the family, letting them know their part.  Kenny about spit out the drink he just took when she read my part aloud.



And in case you didn't know, a Winkie is the Wicked Witch's soldier.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

sooooooo funny!!! i love your kids!