
For those of you who don't know, I work in the Sales Department at a hotel. I have an amazing job and I get to meet many different people. I booked a week long conference for Heinz Frozen Foods. They brought in all the buyers from every factory in the United States. The woman in charge of the conference was from Cincinnati. She is a super outgoing woman with red hair and a crazy fashion sense. She and I hit it off immediately and I enjoyed talking to her here and there throughout the week. I ran into her in the restroom one afternoon-
Me: Hi W*, how is the conference going today?
W: Great! We love it here!
Me: Did you fly into Salt Lake?
W: Yes. I have never been to the West. The mountains are so beautiful and you have so much space here. I have only been in big cities.
Me: I bet your drive here was pretty with the leaves changing...
W: (suddenly turning serious) Oh the drive here was so scary! We ran into that hurricane on the way here, and we were driving really slow, but we made it. (sighs in relief)
At first I thought she was joking but she was dead serious. I kept a straight face and finished talking to her. I had to giggle when I made it to my office. I mean, I know it is really windy in Pocatello but I kinda thought you need an OCEAN to have a hurricane?
*name has been shortened to protect my client ;)
1 comment:
HA HA HA HA HA!! i love it!!!
Post a Comment