For a church activity Kelsey had to dress up like me when I was her age. She had no idea what she was in for.....she first showed signs of concern when I put 3 pairs of socks on her and spent 10 minutes making sure each sock was scrunched just right. I mean proper sock scrunching is really important and a life long skill. Then came the pegging of the pants. She did not think this was a super cool way to get skinny jeans nor did she appreciate wearing jeans that have ZERO elasticity. Just plain old, high waisted, no stretch jeans. Too bad I don't have any acid washed jeans.....that would have been perfect.
Next came the hair and we are talking totally rad bangs! She was reluctant about the hair but that soon turned to panic when her father joined in the bang construction process. I had curled her bangs with a small barrel curling iron and was plastering them with hairspray. They are way too long for this kind of style (if you can even call it a style) but with large amounts of hair product I won the battle.
Kenny: I think you need cheap hairspray like Aqua-Net to do bangs like that.
Me: Do they still make Aqua-Net? *continuous stream of hairspray*
Kenny: Or you could use sugar water....
Kelsey: *coughing from the hair spray cloud*
When I was in Jr. High my sisters and I would take our Rave- Super Mega Ultra Not Going Anywhere- hairspray bottle (the pump kind) and fill it with sugar water. We were poor and had to improvise but I am telling you that is the strongest hairspray known to mankind!
I had sufficiently plastered the bangs into place when Kenny suggested I go for the straight up in the air, wave to the side look and then asked where the scrunchy was to cover her side pony tail....Ummmm...okay honey, you are a little too into the whole 80's hair thing.
I crimped her pony tail and I curled the side wispys into ringlets. It was pretty much a work of art. She was mortified and worried about what everyone was going to think. I assured her there would be much worse when we got there. While secretly thinking hers would be the worst, I mean best hairdo there....that's right moms bring it on! No one is beating me unless they have a banana clip!
HANG TENThe car ride to the church was hilarious. As soon as I backed out of the driveway she ducked down to the floor because she didn't want anyone to see her.

She was very relieved when we arrived and there were other girls wearing similar hair styles. But NONE of them were as tubular as hers.

She was very relieved when we arrived and there were other girls wearing similar hair styles. But NONE of them were as tubular as hers.

7 comments:
Disturbing Tenae. And hilariously funny.
Ok, I got my laugh for the night! Thanks :-)
omg Kelsey i love it Tanae you did a fantastic awesome job i love it!!!! wish you would have pics of the other girls hahaha love it anyways!!!!
Michaela
Think you had a little too much fun with this one. Hahahaha, that is super funny....poor kels.
Kelsey- you look fantastic!
Tenae- scary we thought we looked good, huh?
AAAAhahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing my face off right now!!!! OMG!! Love LOve LOVE it!!!! HOly crap. you totally nailed it. hahahahahahahahah!!!
THis is great!!! Oh my heck that looks like so much fun to go back for a day! :)
Post a Comment