Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trombones and Fluffs

When Kendall came home from school with a paper about band or choir I tried to gently push him towards choir...in fact I may have thrown away the paper with all the band instrument information. For good reason. Don't get me wrong I am a big supporter of the musical arts, I just really didn't want to deal with it. Well my son is stubborn and a week later he came home with a trombone from I don't know who. Supposedly they are letting him "borrow" it. Whoever "they" are. UGH. I guess I need to go get the stand and cleaner and books. Here is a clip of the sweet melodic sounds of a trombone.

And here is a HILARIOUS clip of my husband playing the trombone.

All I can think about with this instrument is the spit factor. Gross.
So back to my post title, you may be wondering what trombones have to do with, well...farts. Over Labor Day weekend our close friends, Ray and Christie, from McCall Idaho came to visit us. We were all sitting in the kitchen talking while the kids were playing. Suddenly my husband let out the loudest and longest fart ever! I was mortified!
Me: Kenny!
Kenny: What? That wasn't me.
Me: Whatever! I can't believe you just farted like that!
Kenny: Seriously. Tenae. It wasn't me.
I badgered him a little more and after a while I am looking at his face and thinking, hmmm... I think he is telling the truth and he is looking at me like, QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT.
After a few minutes we heard Kendall start to play the trombone downstairs in his room. Kenny hadn't "fluffed" after all! It was Kendall on the trombone. We all laughed when we figured it out and then laughed harder when Kenny said, I thought it was Christie!
Now when you go back and watch Kendalls clip again, you will hear it. The Fluff. And I hope you think of me and a feel sorry for me because I will be enduring a school year of after school fluffing.

4 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Ok-fluffing must be an Idaho word! But, I'm very truly sorry you will have to listen to that noise all year! It's awful!

Kristi said...

HA HA HA!!! That is so funny!!!!!!!! I seriously laughed out loud!

The Happy Halls said...

I think trombones are right up there with out of key violins! Both can make the hair stand up on your neck. LOL Mom

Darci and Ryan said...

Good luck with that!