Friday, September 25, 2009

Blessings


I try to remember to recognize God's hand in my life and to be grateful for the small miracles and blessings I receive everyday. Many times it is easy to explain away how things happen or to take credit for solving our problems through our own cleverness. I want to keep a grateful heart because then I really do see how God can bring all things together to benefit my life. Sometimes I get so busy I forget to stop and piece things together, forget to be thankful, forget to recognize the Lord. There have been some changes in our lives and as I sit back and think about them I can see the blessings. I can see the process that led to the change and I know that there was a reason all these things happened and I do not think it was coincidence. I am grateful.
I work full time and Kaiden has been attending day care for several years without any worries. Over the summer something changed at the place he was attending and he became very anxious and upset when I would drop him off. He is a laid back, sweet boy who is not prone to fits but he was throwing all out tantrums when I would leave and it would literally take all I had not to burst into tears after I dropped him off and left. I felt so sad and guilty and I started leaving him home with Kelsey during the summer because I couldn't bear to take him and have him be so unhappy. I started to worry and stress about the end of summer and what I would do when Kelsey couldn't watch him anymore.
A few weeks before school started my mom asked me about the possibility of taking Kaiden. Things were changing for her as well...She decided to part ways with her employer and would be staying home. I cannot tell you the relief I felt having an answer to this dilemma. When I told Kaiden he would be going to Grandmas house he was sooo excited! What a blessing not only for me but for my son! I know all these things worked together for our good.
Thank you mom for helping in our little miracle.

No comments: