Friday, September 25, 2009

Blessings Part 2

Laundry is one of my least favorite things. I wouldn't mind it so much if I could ever get it under control and KEEP it that way. We seriously have mountains of dirty clothes at my house. It is hard to keep up with it all when I am working full time. My mother came up with a GENIUS idea that I am calling blessing #2. In addition to watching Kaiden for me, she is also washing my laundry and making meals for my family 4 nights a week!!!
HALLELUJAH!!!
No, this is not slave labor. I am paying her and I think it will work out well for both of us. Okay, more for me. But it IS all about me...At least on my blog. ;o)
We are starting on our first week and I am LOOOOOVING it. I can't remember the last time I could actually see the entire floor in my laundry room. I mean I actually washed blankets. You know, the ones that sit in your laundry room for 6 months because you barely have enough time to wash everyone clean underwear let alone a blanket? I drop it off and then pick it up all folded and hung up and ready to put away. I still keep some of our laundry but what she does really helps me have time to spend with the kids after work. Then the meal thing is awesome. No deciding what to make after a long work day, no clean up, no 3 hour trip to the grocery store, no more stunting my kids growth from too many Ramen Noodles....
One night this week I actually sat down and watched TV with Kenny. I SAT DOWN AND WATCHED TV!! That never happens. The kids were in bed, everyone had eaten dinner and I didn't have any laundry to do so I just sat. And it was nice. I am so grateful for this whole arrangement and for my wonderful mother!
MOM YOU DA BOMB DIGGITY! (spell check did not like that sentence!)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay for you!! Your mom is super duper! :o)