Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Kendall the 6th grader with sidekick Kaiden
Kelsey the 8th grader!! Lookin all gorgeous and stuff!
Kylie the 3rd grader

I love it when school starts. It's nice to get everyone back to a routine and have some sort of order to things. I love new school supplies. A fresh notebook has so much potential! I love the last days of an Indian summer with the hint of fall. New clothes, new teacher, new friends. Each new school year is so exciting with a promise of a fresh start. I used to get really excited right before school would start. My mom would pull out the box of hand me down clothes and I loved seeing what was in there. I would pack and repack my backpack to make sure it was perfect. Even though I am in my thirties I still got that little rush of excitement this morning when I took my kids to school...I remembered what it felt like and it brought a flood of memories. Does anyone else remember their elementary school being WAYYYY bigger than they look now? And by the way, WALMART, YOU ARE NOT THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES. That's right, I'm talking to you Mr. One stop Super Store. After 2 hours of wandering around trying to find a stupid protracter and zipper pencil pouch, squeezing through masses of frenzied parents with school supply lists, searching furiously for COLLEGE rule and not WIDE rule paper and forking over $80 for crayons and glue, I gave up and went to Office Max to find afore mentioned "hot" items. Ya. Office Max had ZERO crowds, FULL inventory and 50% OFF all supplies. The notebooks I paid $1.50 for at YOUR store were only 80 cents at Office Max. I feel cheated. Any way....
Kelsey headed off to Rule the School as a big bad 8th grader, not many worries until next year when she starts HIGH SCHOOL! yikes! Kendall did not need me to walk him to his class so I let him go.. but snuck a peek into his classroom before I left. He never even knew. Kylie skipped into her class and made sure I met her teacher. I really hope she has a good year. My heart gets tender when I think of her at school. BE NICE YOU DANG MEAN KIDS! ESPECIALLY YOU, COLTON. I'm watching. Ahem. Anyway Kaiden insisted on wearing his backpack as we dropped the kids off and was excited when the school mascot (a bear) gave him a high five. Here's to another great year!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

your kids are so cute. i love your blog.

Nicole Hernandez said...

I can't believe your kids are so old! Wow, they're already in fall clothes-it's still in the 90's here. No fall clothes for us for a while.

Penradicals said...

Tenae, Your kids are great! I love reading about your adventures. We really enjoyed having Kylie swimming with us the other day. I don't know what the other kids are saying to make her sad but let her know WE love her. Hallie enjoyed their play time this summer. Steph

The Happy Halls said...

Wow, it seems like yesterday when we pulled out those hand me down boxes. Is it even possible for time to go this fast? Sure love you and the kids Happy New School Year! Mom

craig&susan said...

Your family is so dang cute. Hope they all have a great school year too, especially Kyley. She is the sweetest girl ever.

The Tinkers said...

How fun, I LOVED the first day of school! I still get that feeling of excitment when I start a new year of college!! haha! I bet it's so fun to watch your kids, I cant wait! Amy is going to 6th grade too, and I had her show me all her new supplies and clothes and had her tell me all about her 6th grade registration! haha Its SO fun!! By the way, Your kids are so big, I havent seen them in FOREVER! crazy! They're all are soo cute!

Diesta said...

Kids are gettin so big....I cant believe how grown up Kelsey is ...its so wierd...cute pic's . glad all is well.

Kristi said...

not a 6th grader, love! FIRST grader. she is in masi's class!!!!