Monday, September 7, 2009

Kaiden Says



Kaiden was so excited to go golfing with Kenny. He packed his backpack with a few trains, a book, a cheese stick, a bag of chips and his golf ball shay butt. I have no idea why, but he has always called a golf ball that.

Kaiden loves to attack Kenny and I when we are laying on the bed. He jumps on us and pesters and has an all out wrestle mania. This afternoon while Kenny was trying to take a nap, Kaiden was jumping all over him. I overheard-
Kenny: Kaiden! You are driving me batty!
Kaiden: No dad. I am driving you crazy.

Kaiden: Mom, can you do me a fever? (favor)

Me: I love you, little man.
with a look of indignation-
Kaiden: I'm not a ruvver band!

Kaiden came in from playing in the backyard with a few ants on his shirt. We pointed them out and he quickly made one his best friend. He put the ant in a little container and carried it around. Suddenly he yells-
Kaiden:Mom!! I killed it!
Me: I thought the ant was your friend.
Kaiden: Oh. Sorry friend!
So then he went and got another ant.
Kaiden: My pet ant is named Bob. If you ask him his name he will say, Bob.
Peering in at the ant-
Me: What's your name?
In a high pitched voice-
Kaiden: Bob!
Kaiden: I am my friends mom. And you are my mom. Will you babysit my friend? Make sure he doesn't die.
Later I overheard him say to the ant- Jesus made you, friend. Awwww

I am a little sad that Kaiden is growing out of his Thomas the Train faze. He used to play with trains non-stop and he was obsessed with anything Thomas the Train. I havent seen him play with his trains or watch his Thomas movies for a few weeks and it is making me SO SAD! He is growing up and I don't like it. He has been making me laugh with his little personality coming out. He has started to be very particular about his room and where things go. I told him to put his toys away and instead of putting them IN the toybox, he balanced them on his bed. When I tried to move them he freaked out. So that is where they are. Then I noticed a bunch of stuff on the window sill behind his blinds. When I pulled up the blinds I laughed at all the stuff he had lined up. I started to move some of them and throw some stuff away, but he stopped me. He had an explaination for everything. The watch box was full of fruit snack wrappers...he told me it was his garbage can. The cup he hijacked out of my car had old pop in it... he was saving it for later. He had scissors for crafts and he stole the Whoppers from the pantry. If I touched anything he would move it back exactly where it was before. There was a pile of opened junk mail that I threw away before he saw me and he spent the whole day looking for HIS mail.



3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Kaiden is so CUTE! He IS getting so big and it's hard to believe how fast the time flies. I love his little, (big, rather) personality...he makes me laugh!!! How I love him so! :)

Unknown said...

I love the picture of him and his daddy!:)

Growing Up ~ Kelsey said...

he is such a cutie and makes me laugh all the time ;)