Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Burn

Kylie made ramen noodles and was trying to pour some of the water out of the pan. She missed and poured boiling water on her hand and arm.

Wednesday at the ER








Thursday- First Whirlpool treatment




Saturday- The worst day. Peeling off the skin.



Monday- All the dead skin gone



Tuesday- At the Plastic Surgeons office.


Kylie will continue whirlpool treatment and will see the plastic surgeon each week to check the healing progress.

When we were at one whirlpool treatment and she looked at her arm she said, " My arm is red like a rat's eye." Not red like a heart or a rose, but like a rat's eye? ha ha!

When I was explaining to her what a plastic surgeon does and I told her about skin grafts she said, "Skin from my butt will be on my arm??? Gross!"

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Ohhhhh!!!!! Poor Kylie! :(

Unknown said...

How sad is that! Ahhh! I hope the healing process gets better!

Cami said...

Ohhhhh, that looks aweful. I am SO sorry she had to go through that. My kids make those noodles ALL the time.

NOTE TO SELF: Watch the kids with boiling water.

Spilletts said...

oh my that makes me hurt!! Poor girl. I hope she starts feeling better real soon.

Darci and Ryan said...

OUCH!!!! Hope the healing goes well.