Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why you should tape your childs mouth closed in public

Kylie and I were standing in line at the store. The line was not moving quickly. Two young women were standing right in front of us. It wasn't until Kylie started asking questions that I paid any attention to the many piercings and tattoos on the girls. Note- Kylie is not the softest speaker.
Kylie: "Mom, why do people pierce their tongues?"
Me: :Because they want to."
Kylie: "But is it bad?"
I notice the girls glance at me. I smile lamely.
Me in a low muttered voice: "Well we don't do that."
Kylie, louder: "What about piercing your ears all the way to the top?"
Me whispering: "Let's talk about it in the car."
No amusement on the girls faces what so ever.
Kylie: "..you know with earrings all the way around your ear."
Me: "I heard you, let's talk about it in the car."
Kylie: "..Because those girls right there have their ears pierced like that. Is it bad to pierce your ears like that?"
Me in an urgent whisper: "Kylie! Zip it!"

4 comments:

tanya said...

My girls have done that before too. It can be very embarassing but since it wasn't my daughter this time, I had to laugh.

Tricia said...

Tenae I saw your blog from Nycole's. I am not sure you remember me. I am Tricia one of Nycole's older sisters. Anyway I read this blog of your little girl. I laughed a good laugh. Kids say it as it is. When my older Daughter Janiece was about 4 she saw this lady who was about to have a baby and was smoking. So Janiece told this lady her baby was going to die. I about died of embaresment myself. I told the lady how sorry I was. Lucky for us she was nice about it.

Diesta said...

that is pricless and has happened to almost all mothers !!!!

Ellen said...

That is so funny. My middle child Ashlynne told her grandma that she stunk since she smokes. That didn't go over to well with her grandma. She thought I put her up to it. I was like kids can smell things. I do was embarrassed.