Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Heart is Full

 

Have you ever watched God work a mighty miracle in your heart? Have you ever felt that your heart is so full it might literally burst? The joy that I feel at this moment in my life is beyond words….but I want to try to capture it and write it down.  I want to hold onto the precious truths that have been poured into my soul. I want to remember all the tiny miracles and tender mercies the Lord has shown me daily.

It has been a journey that started for me in May. If you were to take a look back in time just one year ago, I was obviously in a much different place in my life spiritually. I have always believed in God and in His son, Jesus Christ, however I have not been a true disciple of Christ.  How could I claim to be His follower when I did not follow His commandment to love and serve ALL His children.  I definitely did not follow His commandment to Judge Not. I was also holding onto grudges and allowing the great deceiver to whisper in my ear often. As I look back over many past experiences and think of all the people I have crossed paths with, I cringe and my heart hurts.  For I know my thoughts, words and actions were not full of love.  And the most important thing I have learned on my journey is that LOVE is the answer to everything. We are here to love each other.

I have wrestled with whether or not I want to write these things on my blog. I realize it is very different for me to talk about things of a spiritual nature. Many will welcome inspiration. Some will not.  I pray that the testimony I share here in the future will strengthen you and build you up. 

My joy is so great and my heart is so full that I cannot stop myself from wanting to sing it from the rooftops!  God is real!!  Jesus Christ is real!! There is a reason we are here. We each have a very important mission to fulfill. 

I don’t have a lot of time to post tonight but want to leave you with these scripture that speak to me. And a song that I love.

“Behold, He changed their hearts: yea, He awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word;" Alma 5:7

“ …a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God.” Alma 5:13

“….ye have experienced a change of heart, and ….. have felt to sing the song of redeeming love…” Alma 5:26

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tenae! You are such a beautiful soul! Not only are you beautiful on the outside...I've ALWAYS known the beautiful soul inside! You have been a great example to me! God is real and it is amazing to feel his love surrounding you...literally! Don't you love the scriptures? They jump right out of the book and speak to your soul. I love you!

Cami said...

Loved reading your post!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony :)