Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sweetheart 2012

 

Kelsey was asked to her very first High School dance on Valentines day.  She found this vase on our front steps when she came home from a youth activity. We are not really sure how they stayed in tact because the dog was outside. She is lucky he didn’t eat the flowers and candy.

DSC_0266

After dumping out all the candy she pieced together the valentines to find the message below.

DSC_0269

DSC_0286

First Dance!

DSC_0284

She also got a bouquet of flowers from “Alexandria” for Valentines.  Two bouquets in one day!! No word yet on the new name her dad will be giving to Tanner. I’ll keep you posted.

The day of the Sweetheart dance, she had to work from 8-4. So I picked her up and dropped her off to go bowling. Then she took a quick shower at her friends house and I met her there with her dress.  I loved helping her with her hair and makeup.  She is so incredibly beautiful. I couldn’t narrow the pictures down to just one so get ready for a model shoot.

DSC_0290

DSC_0291

DSC_0294

DSC_0295

DSC_0304

DSC_0314                                                   DSC_0315

I took this picture when she wasn’t expecting it. When I pulled the picture up later I gasped!  She looks like she is 18 going on 25!!! YIKES! This growing up thing is speeding up it seems.

DSC_0316

Kelsey and her friend, Maria.

DSC_0327

After the photo shoot, the boys arrived.

DSC_0329

DSC_0331

DSC_0334

Maria and Tyler

DSC_0339

Kelsey and Tanner.

No you are not seeing things….they are identical twins.

DSC_0343

DSC_0345

DSC_0350

No worries, parents.  Jesus is watching over them.  

DSC_0353

DSC_0355

Seriously, she did not get her photogenic genes from me. She looks good in EVERY shot! (her date is pretty cute too.)

DSC_0357

DSC_0358

DSC_0360

We gave her a midnight curfew and warned the boys that it had been snowing at our house so the roads up the mountain would be slick.  We got a phone call about 12:05am.  The road was so slick they couldn’t make it up our street.  Dad had to go out on a rescue operation.  But he slid all the way down the street, through the stop sign at the bottom and on down the next road before he was able to stop and turn around to go get Kelsey. She had a fun night and I love this time in her life. Even though it has some emotional up and downs, it is awesome watching her embrace life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! JUST like YOU! I can't believe you are here1 really?