Big Sigh! I can’t believe Kelsey is turning sixteen!! Back in the ancient days before digital photos, we scrapbooked. I went through my photo books to find some pictures of Kelsey growing up. I don’t recommend doing this. Especially when you may be on the emotional, bawl for no reason and eat lots of ice cream, day of the month. It wasn’t pretty. You forget how little they were. And then you remember how you expected so much from them when they were SO LITTLE!! And you look at their chubby faces and you wonder how badly you have messed them up? Did they turn out with the personality they were supposed to? Did you help or hinder them because you were just a kid yourself and you had no idea what you were doing and you still don’t? Looking at your children’s photos brings on a wide range of emotion….and for a second you wish you could rewind time and go back and do it better. Because they deserve better. And then you sit there for a moment, wipe a tear and vow to be better. You think about dances, dates, graduation and weddings to come and you smile because life goes on. And you hope they forget a lot and remember the good stuff.♥
Take a stroll with me down memory lane. (please excuse the photo of a photo- remember, no digital)
This young lady changed my life forever on January 15, 1996 at 3:59pm.
Was that sad for you? No? Must just be a mom thing.
On to the party. I REALLY wanted to throw a big sweet 16 party for Kelsey. I had been planning it for a few months before her birthday. I had the location picked out, the chaperones booked, the invitation designed and I was so excited to surprise her. When Kenny lost his job, we decided to put the party on hold to be as conservative as we could with our finances. I was pretty bummed. Instead we had a party at home with the family. There is always a big 18th party to look forward to.
Happy Birthday, Kelsey! Everyday of my life I will always be thankful to God for sending you to me. You have blessed my life and I couldn’t imagine this world without your sweet spirit in it. I know I’m the mom, but you teach me all the time. You always have, even when you were little. There are so many things I wish I had done differently but I look at the beautiful young woman you have become and I figure I must have done something right. You are so kind and thoughtful and you have a good heart. I am proud to be your mom.
2 comments:
Tenae! I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday Kristi was so excited to have her little niece born. She was so adorable now she is a beautiful young lady. oh boy how time flies. I love your post it took me down memory lane.
I still have a copy of that top baby picture of her you sent me. So cute! I remember when Nycole, Bryce and I went up for your sealing and I was sleeping in Kelsey's room. She was not happy, she burst in early in the morning naked and woke me up! That was a long time ago and she's all grown up now.
Post a Comment