BEWARE THE ONSLAUGHT OF PHOTOS.
We started the day off in Adventure Land on the Jungle Cruise. As you can see, Kaiden is mesmerized.
I caught this picture at the perfect time. The Piranha had just jumped out of the water and it scared him.
Next we headed to Indiana Jones. This was the only ride Kaiden was too short to go on so he and I headed to Tarzans Tree house. We went through it twice and then took everyone through when they got off their ride.
Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion were both closed :( so we headed over to Pirates Island.
Splash Mountain was our next stop. Kaiden DID NOT want to ride this ride. We bribed him and he sat with me in the back of the log. Our picture of the fall is hilarious. You can’t see Kaiden because he is scrunched into my side. I seriously cannot quit laughing at my kids faces.
Across from Splash Mountain is the Winnie the Pooh ride. Take a look at how excited my 13 year old was to ride this one. Ha! Clearly he is ecstatic.
Most of the rides did not have lines, but the line to see the inside of Rapunzle’s house and to meet her was LONG. Grandma Simpson waited with the girls and they got some one on one time. The girls giggled for an hour about the conversation they had with Rapunzle.
Rapunzel- What do you like to do?
Kylie- Swim.
Rapunzel- Are you a mermaid?
Kylie- No.
Rapunzel- Maybe you are and you just don’t know it yet!
OR
Rapunzel- How long does it take to walk to your house?
Kelsey- It takes a long time.
Rapunzel- How about running?
Kelsey- A long time.
Rapunzel- How about on horse? Maximus is VERY fast!
Right around the corner was the Mad Hatter Store. Oh my!
No trip to Disneyland is complete without a leisurely ride through It’s a Small World.
Kaiden liked it. Dad…..not so much.
Goofing around in Toon Town.
Star Tours 3D was the one ride that always had a line. The fast passes were a great thing with this ride. Kaiden was so excited to ride this one. I decided to ride this even though I knew it would probably make me sick. And it did. Blah. I did learn that this ride has 58 different endings.
Kylie really had fun collecting character autographs for her book.
California Adventure was a new park for us all. We were a little disappointed that the big roller coaster was closed, but overall we really enjoyed our day here. The World of Color light show was AMAZING!!
Kaiden was so cute with all the characters. He hugged everyone!
Kylie loved the way Pluto signed her book. I love her face in that picture.
Next up… SCARIEST RIDE EVER!!
The kids before the freaky elevator drop and Kylie after. She was traumatized but eventually went on it again and loved it.
My favorite ride…Thunder Mountain.
Waiting for the parade.
Three days was perfect. It gave us time to enjoy each park for one day and then a third day to repeat rides or do anything we missed. The highlight for Kaiden (and mom and dad) was the Jedi Training. I got such cute pictures I have to give that one it’s own post. Disneyland is truly a magical place. I am always amazed at how clean it is. We did learn a great tip- Any restaurant that sells fountain soda will give you large ice waters for free. That would have been nice to know before we spent two days hauling around water bottles. We loved our time in Disneyland and I am so glad we got to take our kids at least once.
3 comments:
This is the best time to go to Disneyland because it's not crowded and the weather is still good! Looks like you had a great time!
looks like you had a great time!!!! We are doing about the same as you guys...beach time plus park time :) Do you have any great tips???
Awe! super cute pictures! Your kids are beautiful!!
Post a Comment