Thursday, May 5, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

Kenny had to attend the launch of the 2012 Honda Civic, in Vegas.  I tagged along.  Kristi came too.  We had so much fun!!  Work first….the launch was fascinating and I am glad I went.  We had excellent food, got sneak peeks at the new models and marketing campaign and met Mario Andretti.

IMG_1740

This is the original 1972 model of the Honda Civic.  This car is still new with only 211 miles.

IMG_1704

Me with Fake Cher.

IMG_1735

Mario Andretti.

IMG_1736

Now for the fun part of the trip.  We had a relaxing few days with no schedule. We walked around and just had lots of fun!

DSC_0260

House of Blues

DSC_0261

DSC_0264

DSC_0273

This is me laughing hysterically at the totally hilarious but NOT politically correct sayings on the shirts in this store.

DSC_0275

DSC_0283

DSC_0290

IMG_1764

New York New York Casino

We ate dinner at Gallagher’s Steakhouse and my Rib Eye was SOOOOOOO good! 

IMG_1769

After dinner we headed to a dueling piano show in the New York New York at Barat Times.  I love listening to dueling piano’s.  It is so fun.  We found a spot in the back behind the crowd and danced our little hearts out.  We whipped out moves like the pretzel, Macarena, running man, cabbage patch, electric slide, and so on and so forth.  It was quite a sight.

IMG_1795

IMG_1775

Do you think we look like twins?  We got asked about 6 times if we were twins.

IMG_1776

IMG_1793

Bright-eyes at breakfast

IMG_1681

And……crazy eyes at breakfast.

IMG_1686

IMG_1756

Why, hello Mr. Storm Trooper. Nice to meet you.

CHEESE!

IMG_1757

This trip I think we left our brains at home.  We kept making the stupidest mistakes ALL WEEK LONG!  We were acting like none of us had ever traveled and we were wandering around clueless.  It started when we got to Vegas. * I couldn’t figure out how to get into our hotel so we just drove around the building in circles a few times before Kenny just walked in the door that was right in front of our faces. * We parked our car in a parking garage and then forgot where we parked.  So we just wandered around every level of two garages until we found it. * Kenny lost his debit card.  That was a 911 EMERGENCY!  Of all the places to lose your debit card, Vegas is not it!  Luckily we found we had left it at the restaurant we ate dinner at.  It took quite a process to get it back. * I thought I had grabbed conditioner at the hotel but instead I slathered AN ENTIRE BOTTLE of lotion in my hair.  And didn’t realize it until I was trying to curl it. * Our returning flight was delayed and hour and a half and to entertain ourselves, Kristi and I had a photo session with our cell phones. We were so wrapped up with being deliriously silly (see photo shoot below), we almost missed our flight.  I mean we were running to board as they were calling our names over the speaker.  Needless to say none of us got to sit together. * When we arrived in SLC it was 2 AM.  We grabbed a bus to take us to long term parking.  It was clear out in the long term lot that we realized we did not park in long term parking.  So we rode the bus around the entire lot only to be dropped off right where we started.  And our parking charge was only $125….for 4 days in SHORT TERM parking. Um ya.  I swear the sign we followed said long term.  When we were driving back to Pocatello we MISSED our exit and ended up in Snowville on really bad, snowy roads.  The wrong turn alone is a 2 hour addition.  Once the weather cleared, Kenny sped up to make up time and we got pulled over.  Not just us though.  This highway patrolman pulled over THREE cars. Here is a picture of us and the other two cars in front of us. Actually he just went window to window collecting info and handing out tickets. That was fun. We finally got home five hours after we left.  It should have taken 2.

IMG_1873

IMG_1874

Kristi having a heart to heart with her brother as we sit at the side of the freeway waiting for a ticket.

IMG_1875

And now for the pictures you all have been waiting for.  Please remember it was 10:30 PM.  We were exhausted and then we passed into cant stop laughing mode.  It WAS entertaining and the wait time for our flight passed very quickly.  I love you, Kristi!!

IMG_1854

Stuck at the Las Vegas Airport.

IMG_1853

We started out in a totally mature state of mind……and then it quickly deteriorated from there.  It does appear we may be intoxicated but we are totally sober.  We had so much

IMG_1840IMG_1843IMG_1855IMG_1856IMG_1859IMG_1860IMG_1862IMG_1863IMG_1864IMG_1865IMG_1866IMG_1869

 

On the bus around the parking lot.

IMG_1870

No comments: