Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dear Summer, I miss you.

Summer Swings…….
DSC_1265
Winter Swings
DSC_0128
Summer Slide…..
DSC_1258
Winter Slide
DSC_0129
Summer Pool…..
DSC_1240
Winter Pool
DSC_0130
I can’t wait for spring and summer!  Winter is beautiful here, but I am over it. Here is a fun little winter story. Our house is heated with propane.  We filled the tank in November and when March rolled around, Kenny thought we should probably check the propane level.  We were on Zero. So we called to get a refill and they insisted one of us be at the house.  Kenny had corporate folks in town so I got the job.  I waited about 2 hours before he showed up.  He got stuck on the hill right above our house and had to be towed out.  Once he arrived I pulled on my snow boots and walked around the house to show him where the tank was…..only I couldn’t find it because the snow had drifted so bad the night before and everything was covered.  Picture this- me, a shovel, a 75 year old guy, another shovel, and a huge snow drift.  We spent 20 minutes plunging our shovels into the snow trying to hit the lid of the tank.  Not fun.
IMG_1913
IMG_1908
JACKPOT!
IMG_1909
IMG_1911
But no matter summer or winter, the sunrises here are beautiful.
DSC_0010

2 comments:

Jenny Bobo said...

So from this post I get...that you really miss me there...in the summer. :) I have a solution. How bout you come to me. It was 80 degrees here today. Sounds summer enough, huh?

Tenae said...

That sounds HEAVENLY! And I do miss you....ALL the time. ♥