Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Dirty Dash

That’s right.  ME.  MUD. JUNE 4th. BRING IT!

Have you ever said to yourself, “Marathons are too easy, and Triathlons are for sissies?” 

We haven’t either…those races are really hard. Think about it…the first person to run a marathon actually died.  HE DIED!...and he probably didn’t even have fun along the way!

Well let us introduce you to the new race in town…THE DIRTY DASH.  This race puts all other races to shame.  The Dirty Dash is a mud run obstacle course where a military boot camp meets your inner five-year-old’s fantasy and subsequently converts boy to man and then…man to swine. 

You’ll need endurance to trudge up mountains of sludge, courage to overcome uncompromising obstacles, a complete lack of shame to wallow in pits of mud and a smile to show through at the end!

So let this mud run obstacle course become your new guilty pleasure. Go solo or with some of your dirtiest, filthiest, & uncouth friends. On either accord…you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am a Dirty Dasher!”… and then proceed  to clean yourself off.  We now have 5K & 10K Mud Runs in Salt Lake City, Utah, a 10K Mud Run in Boise, Idaho and a 10K Mud Run in Seattle, Washington!

Check out the website www.thedirtydash.com

This is Kenny’s favorite part-

CAN I JUST COME AND WATCH?

Feel free to walk around and view the race course. We will also have water balloons available for purchase.  All the money goes to charity and you get to throw the balloons at the participants during the “HOG WASH”!

 

 

3 comments:

The Happy Halls said...

ha ha the inner child in me was screaming to run this race. the old lady in me was shouting "are you crazy?" It looks so fun - if you're going - I'm in - I'll even train with you! We could be the mud ducks or the dirty dozen or the jack splats or the muddy buddies or . . .

Cami said...

I did that last year, it was a blast....however, still very hard. Think uphill in a big way. Last year I ran Boise's race. This year I am going to do SLC in Sept.

Have a blast!

craig&susan said...

How FUN! a friend of mine told me about a race like this she did back east, and I've been wanting to do it ever since. Which one are you doing? I want to come:)