I made a big change a few weeks ago. I decided to strengthen and tone my body as well as change my eating habits to fuel my body with foods that are going to give me the nutrients I need. That is a HUGE deal for me. I have spent my whole life eating whatever I wanted. I was refilling my Coke about 10 times A DAY. I have wanted to do this for awhile but didn't have the will power or desire to actually do anything about it. I just sat around thinking about exercising and eating better while I was chugging a Coke and eating a Ding Dong.
My sister started talking about the personal trainer she had lined up and something clicked in my brain. I decided right then I was going to do something about it. I grabbed the Body for Life book in my library and read it in 2 days. I asked my co-worker, Shayna if she wanted to be my workout partner and I got Kenny on board too with a 12 week program. I set up everything in 1 day. I don't know what it was, but once I made up my mind, that was it.
Now before those of you who know me freak out saying, " you're so skinny, you don't need to lose weight...." just know this- I am not trying to lose weight, in fact I will be happy to put on some muscle weight. I am not "dieting" I am just replacing the processed junk I was eating before with foods that are good for me. I quit drinking Coke and replaced it with lots of water. I am determined to get rid of my bat wings (arms), back roll, sagging bum and my muffin top....yes I have all of them. When I take my after pictures in 9 more weeks I will post the before pictures proving that I had one. I mean, come on. I had 4 kids. Basically instead of being squishy everywhere, I will be toned and strong.
I meet Shayna at the gym 3 days a week at 5 am. That was always one of my excuses. That I didn't have time. But I know if you want something bad enough you will make the time. And I did. It was rough getting up the first week and brutal the second with daylight savings....my body was screaming, "you know it's like 3:30 am right??!!". That first morning I sat in my car in the parking lot and didn't want to go in because I thought I would be so out of place with my scrawny, weak, flabby self. But I just thought, "everyone in there started where I am". And so it began. Now, the more I go the more I want to go back. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not SORE and I mean like walking like an old lady sore. But it feels good and I am getting stronger. The last few days I am just starting to notice the muscle building in my arms and legs. The belly is going to take awhile....and lots of crunches. OUCH. I run the other 3 days and am training to run another race at the end of the summer.
The food change is amazing. I can't believe how badly I was eating before. Now I am always thinking about what kind of food is going to fuel my body to help it rebuild. Before the diet change I was having headaches daily and taking Excedrin Migraine almost every day. My digestive system was going haywire and I was so tired all the time. I am 3 weeks in to the new diet and I have not had any headaches, my digestive system is not giving me any problems and I have more energy than I can remember having in a LONG time. I am so excited to watch the changes continue as I work through the next 9 weeks.
4 comments:
way to go tenae, I know it's hard to make those changes, but it will be so worth it.
That is awesome! I think when I'm not in the throes of child-bearing, I will do that too. You can do it!!!
I just started the same thing. I am on week 5 and ready to see a change. 5:30 is so early it is amazing though how much better you feel. I gave up Pepsi haven't had one for 3 weeks. I think that is the hardest part:) good luck Tenae keep us posted!
5 am is early... but I can't think of a better couple of ladies to get it done! I am sure you look great!
Post a Comment