Friday, April 29, 2011

Warm Weather Getaway

Each Spring Kenny and I take a motorcycle trip to St. George Utah.  It is always the perfect remedy for the winter blues.  We left snowy Idaho and drove to the warm, balmy air of southern Utah. This year our usual motorcycle buddies, Kevin and Sue were not able to go.  We brought along some new friends- Kristi, Mark, Brian and Shayla.

Pictures from our drive up Snow Canyon.

DSC_0379

DSC_0373

DSC_0393

DSC_0398

We hiked up the canyon wall to get to the Pioneer names.  It is really steep and I chickened out before I made it all the way to the top.

DSC_0407

DSC_0408

DSC_0414

DSC_0415

DSC_0417

DSC_0421

DSC_0423

The next day we rode through Zion’s Park.  We took a little hike up the canyon.

DSC_0435

DSC_0446

DSC_0452

DSC_0469

DSC_0471

I found this lock on the fence with me and Kenny’s initials.  Awwwww ♥

DSC_0475

DSC_0479

DSC_0486

DSC_0526

DSC_0528

DSC_0544

DSC_0556

I had heard there were Anasazi ruins in the St. George area so I did a little more research and we rode out to the Anasazi Valley Trailhead.  We hiked 3 miles and found some amazing petroglyphs.

DSC_0692

DSC_0584

DSC_0593

DSC_0596

DSC_0597

DSC_0604

DSC_0632

DSC_0638

DSC_0651

DSC_0655

DSC_0667

DSC_0669

I almost stepped on this guy on our way back down the trail!

DSC_0690

We spent our last afternoon at the St. George temple.  We walked through the visitors center and watched the new Joseph Smith movie.  It love this temple.  It is so beautiful.

DSC_0697

No comments: