Friday, February 11, 2011

Star Struck

Working at a hotel has some great perks. From time to time we have celebrities stay.  Last week I was walking back to my office when I saw a guest toting his luggage.  He was looking around for an elevator and was unsure where his room was located.  I explained we didn’t have elevators and offered to walk him to his room.  I saw him come in off a bus and so I asked him was group he was traveling with. He replied, “A group called the Plain White T’s.”  I then asked what he did for the group.  He answered, “I sing and play guitar.”  I made pleasant small talk the rest of the way to his room and once in the right direction, he was on his way.  Now I know who the Plain White T’s are….who hasn’t heard the song, Hey There Delilah, but I have never seen their picture so I had no idea who he was. Well he just happened to be the lead singer. No biggie.

Kristi was having dinner with me at the hotel that evening when we ran him again.  He was very friendly and down to earth.  He signed an autograph for Kelsey.  She was so excited!IMG_1657

The drummer is on the left and Tom, is on the right. Not the best pic but still pretty fun.

IMG_1656

IMG_1658

49202

2 comments:

Cami said...

Thats AWESOME!!!!! I have several of their songs on my ipod :) So fun that you got to meet them...were they just passing through?

craig&susan said...

how fun it that?