| Shopping with Kristi |
I went shopping for clothes with some Christmas money. I had no intentions of redecorating my house but I found this small square painting about the size of a small book. It is teal and red and I fell in love. Something clicked and I decided I was done with my current color scheme. DONE. I couldn't wait. I needed to change it NOW. That little painting started it and I am so excited with all the things I found.
Those who really know me, know I am a bargain shopper. I seldom pay full price for anything. I favor stores like Ross and TJ Maxx and at any other store I usually head straight to the sale rack. In fact one of the best places to shop for clothes is Goodwill. I have found some stinkin cute name brand clothes there. You have to dig, but that's the fun of it. I love getting a good deal! That being said, I have learned what items I won't bargain shop for....cause it's just not worth it.
All of the stuff I got I found at Ross. Color scheme: Black, Red and Teal. Crisp, clean and minimal. LOVE!
| red bowl $3.00, leather coasters $1.00, frame $4.99 |
| teal ball $12.00, birdhouse and vase i had...so free |
| frame $4.99, Kelsey's hand impression...I made |
| black plate $1.99, silver balls $5.99 |
| my younger 3 kids hands...i made, frame $4.99 |
| black tray $7.00, silver leaves $1.99 |
| red glass vase $8.00 |
| white vase...i had, black mirror box $4.50 |
| teal plate $8.99 |
| The finished product |
The other shelf, with the little painting that started it all.
painting $2.99, red vase $5.00 the rest I had around the house
teal bowl $3.00, glass plate $4.99
The other two plates $4.99 each, teal plate $3.99
I REALLY love this family tree. I bought this over a month ago and hadn't put it up yet.
love sign $2.00
Grand Total $101.00
Not bad to redecorate your entire main living space....and I have ALOT of shelving to fill.
The dining area finished...brrrr it's cold outside!
I think my prior decor was a good 5 years old. Its a great new look for a great new year! I love it!
(ha ha....I just realized I have a new red coat and teal purse!)
2 comments:
I love all your new decorations. Your house always looks so nice!
yahoo! Fun for you! I love the colors! Your home looks beautiful!
Post a Comment