Friday, January 21, 2011

ICE ICE BABY

I have a new found respect for Scout leaders. 

Tonight I drove Kendall up to the top of our street and then turned on a steep, slick, snowy, icy side road and led us out into nothingness. I stepped out of my car into 2 feet of snow and a howling wind mixed with snow.  I trudged up to the side of the mountain where my son has dug himself a snow cave.  Actually they started digging the caves on Wednesday.  Tonight they will finish them and then SLEEP IN THEM.  Did I mention they are at the top of a mountain with the cave openings facing the wind? And we are forecasted to get 1 foot of snow up here tonight.   I just have to give a big shout out to the men who are going to freeze their keisters off tonight.  I am sure the boys will love it.

 DSC_0004

DSC_0006

DSC_0008

DSC_0012

No comments: