Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fundraisings

I HATE fundraising.  It is one thing I avoid at all costs.  I am involved with lots of community events and that is the one committee I will steer clear of.  I just don’t like to call people and ask for money…even if it is for a good cause.  I always dread when the kids bring home the big envelope.  Their eyes grow wide and their imaginations run wild with the thought of all the amazing things they can do with the prizes they are going to win.  They ONLY have to sell 300 pizzas to get a rubber bouncy ball.  I usually nod and then stuff the envelope somewhere so they will forget.  Bad Mom!

I went to pick Kylie up from school one afternoon and as I walked in the door she pulled an envelope out of her backpack and said, “Mom, my school is selling rolls.  Let’s not do that thing we always do…. you know, where we don’t do anything.”  My sister and I had a good laugh over that.  We came home that night and she got right on the phone selling away. She did a great job and I even bought 5 dozen.  They are Texas Roadhouse rolls….how could I resist.

DSC_0327

1 comment:

craig&susan said...

kylie is so cute. I love that she called everyone to tell us she got her own phone, and that she did the fundraising herself. She is so impressive.