Let it be know for the record that August of 2010 was INSANE!! Here is a rundown of the months events in no particular order because at this point I cannot remember what I did yesterday let alone what order these events took place.
1. Alive @5 – See previous post
2. Work stuff. We held a 2 day sales blitz and those are always crazy. It’s about seeing as many people as you can in a day. I think my team had 50 stops. It is really fun but very exhausting. That was on Monday and Tuesday… That Friday we had our employee party, which I was in charge of pulling together. It was a lot of fun and my sales girls were awesome to help me make it all work.
My kids ate their weight in cotton candy and snow cones.
Poor Shayna, who was 9 months prego, had the most swollen legs and feet I have ever seen! I had to force her to sit down so I could ice them.
3. Kelsey had a pool party with her friends. I shipped the other kids off to Becky (thank you!) so I could properly chaperone and so the younger kids wouldn’t bug….cause I totally remember trying to entertain my friends and being humiliated by my younger siblings. (love you guys now, though♥) These girls are CARAZY! and LOUD. They swam and sat by the fire while they braided hair and then they played scary night games and screamed their heads off. Yep….sounds like a girl party to me. :)
4. Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Yes that’s right, they came to Pocatello! I literally did not have extra time in my schedule to volunteer to help….but I wanted to check out the progress. I knew there were so many people watching that the sidewalk across from the house was packed with hundreds of people. I really don’t like crowds when I am trying to observe something so I decided to drag Kenny and Kelsey out of bed at midnight and drive down to check it out. I figured it wouldn’t be so crowded in the middle of the night…..WRONG. There were still about 50 people there but we were able to see clearly and get some good shots. This was day 3 or 4 I think.
They held the cast VIP party at Kenny’s work so we were able to attend. It was a great night and I LOVED hanging out with my husband.
Here is a picture of me, Hayley and the boys – Ty, Ed and Pauly. This episode airs in October I think.
Here is the boy I ♥ the most.
5. Hunter Safety. Kendall and his cousin Zeb were able to register for the same class. It was a crazy week getting them to the Fish and Game office every day amidst everything else going on. Some may wonder why there are seldom pics of my second child on my blog. It is because he hides from the camera and makes faces like this…..
6. Self Defense. I am taking a self defense class with Kelsey, Becky and Kristi. Mike Taylor is the teacher and I am loving the class. He has taught us some pretty cool stuff. I can choke you out in 3 seconds! My kicks and ear slaps are awesome but my punching skills need some serious work! Here is his Face Book page. Message him if you are in Pocatello and you are interested in a private class with you and your friends. You won’t regret it.
7. Jr. High Registration. Sadness! My son is starting 7th grade. About $100 later he was all signed up and ready to go. He lucked out this year. His best friend is Isaiah and Isaiah’s dad is a teacher at their Jr. High. “Conveniently” they have almost every class together, Isaiah’s dad for homeroom and share lockers. That would have made Jr. High a lot more bearable if I could have scored that sweet set up with my BFF.
8. High School Registration. HIGH SCHOOL, PEOPLE! I cannot believe my daughter is starting 9th grade. Sigh. I thought I was being super smart to show up right at 8am to register her. After all the registration ran from 8-5. Get in, get out…no biggie. Um… yeah. This is us standing in line for 2 hours and all the people in line behind us. About $200 later she was all signed up and ready to go. Free education…. ha!
Well that’s all for tonight folks…. I am pooped! Stay tuned for “The month that nearly did me in Part 2” It includes exciting things like 80’s butt rock concerts, ER visits, a new job, snakes and more!
1 comment:
1) can't believe you had a high schooler-wasn't that just us?
2) can't believe you have a junior high schooler-poor kid.
3) can't believe you met Ty Pennington! So jealous!
4) You are the busiest woman I know!
Post a Comment