WARNING- This post will have TONS of pictures.
In April Kenny and I took a trip to St George with our good friends, Kevin and Sue. This was a motorcycle trip but I didn’t want to ride all the way to St. George on the bike. We trailered the bike and picked up Kevin and Sue on the way. It was much nicer to be able to pack and not have to fit everything in a tiny saddlebag. Plus, taking a car allowed me to shop and have somewhere to stash my goods. :)
This is our Vampire picture. We were laughing that Susan and I together can fit on the back seat.
This is our Dumb and Dumber helmet picture. Hot, I know.
These pictures were taken in Snow Canyon. It was such a beautiful canyon ride. There is a spot where pioneers climbed up and wrote their names on the canyon wall in axle grease. There were some dating in the 1800’s. It was cool. I don’t know how they got up there with a bucket of grease….I couldn’t make it up there with empty hands. It was really steep.
This store was right next to our hotel and I laughed every time we drove by. It’s like they couldn’t decide what kind of business to open so they just mashed them all together. That’s what I call multi tasking…..when you can pick up paintballs on your way to get dehydrated peas.
Kenny’s favorite part of the trip was the tunnel we drove through on our way into Zion’s National Park. It was cut through the mountain and was the longest tunnel ever! He revved his bike up good and loud in there.
Next came our run in with grumpy pants, wanna-be Ranger Rick. I really don’t understand people who are always mad and want to complain about little things that don’t matter. Really, get a life. The real rangers at the beginning of the tunnel told us to watch for mountain sheep when we came to the other side. We turned a corner and there were two of them standing a few feet from us on the mountain side. We pulled the bike to the side of the road so I could get my camera out and get this picture-
We sat there for about 10 minutes without seeing a single car. It was really quiet in St. George and the parks while we were there. Suddenly a car came speeding around the corner behind us and screeched to a halt and laid on his horn. If he had been obeying the 10 mile an hour speed limit sign he wouldn’t have had to give himself whiplash. Kenny was sitting on his bike and I was off in the gravel buckling up my camera case. We both waved at the car to go around us. He rolled down his window and screamed at us, “NO ONE SHOULD EVER HAVE TO GO AROUND YOU!” Um….okay? I put my camera back in the saddle bag and got on the bike. He sat there waiting for us. As we pulled out he crept right up to the back of the bike and rode our tail. I had my cell phone in my hand (which had NO service) and turned around to look at him. I then GLANCED at his license plate. This guy was seriously crazy. Kevin and Sue were waiting for us up the road and we pulled off into the gravel when we saw them. Well crazy man pulled into the gravel right behind us, got out of his car and charged towards us. My heart was thumping out of my chest and I thought we were going to have a fight on our hands. Kenny and I were still seated on our bike when he walked right up to me and got in my face.
Crazy Man: I SAW YOU GOT MY LICENSE NUMBER AND PUT IT IN YOUR PHONE!!!
Me: I looked at your license plate but it’s not in my phone.
Crazy Man: YES IT IS!! AND JUST SO YOU KNOW I GOT YOURS TOO. THERE WILL BE RANGERS WAITING FOR YOU AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL!!
Kenny (calm as can be): Good for you.
Then he stomped back to his car. I yelled, “HAVE A NICE DAY!” and he peeled out and took off. He was just an all around delightful person. Heavy Sarcasm. I wonder how long it would take him to get through Yellowstone if he stopped to yell at everyone who pulled off the road to take a picture of an animal. And just for the record there was no one waiting at the bottom of the hill. I am pretty sure he stopped and complained and then the rangers probably laughed at him because WE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG.
These next pictures are in Zion’s National Park.
Other highlights of the trip included, shopping, a trip to Mesquite, going to the movies, AWESOME weather and just hanging out with my best friend for 5 days. I can’t wait for our next get away.♥
No comments:
Post a Comment