Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Love


My best friend had a birthday this month. 
We celebrated with a night out to dinner at Red Lobster.
I love this man.  He is my complete opposite...which is why it works I guess.  He is smart, funny, calm, hard working, and loyal.  I am looking forward to the rest of this growing old together journey.


P.S.
The Red Lobster birthday dinner made me think of a funny little story.
Kylie was digging through my closet while I was getting ready one morning.  She was clear in the back where my dresses hang.  She pulled out a black cocktail dress that I never wear and brought it out.
Kylie: Mom, you should wear this to work
Me: That is too dressy to wear to work.  I only wear that to fancy parties.
Kylie: Or if you go on a date with dad?
Me: No, there isn't anywhere in town fancy enough to wear that dress.
Kylie: What about Red Lobster?

Hahahahahah.  Red Lobster IS a super classy place but I did not wear my dress for our birthday dinner.  Good thing I didn't tell Kylie where we were going.



2 comments:

Kristi said...

what "mommy bashing" blog is this that you speak of?

craig&susan said...

haha, that's funny. Super funny actually, because when she was hanging out with us the other day she said "the only two fancy places I know are Red Lobster and the Holiday Inn". She is so cute.