Monday, January 4, 2010

My Resolve.

I have been thinking about my resolutions for the new year.  I wanted to find goal that would encompass all the things I want to work on.  My main goal is to be a better person this year.  To expect more of myself and hold myself to a higher standard.  To be kinder. To be more understanding. To give the benefit of the doubt. To refrain from judging. To give hope. To give strength. To leave people better. Better for knowing me. 
 
I read several blogs with the idea to come up with one word instead of a list of goals. I liked this idea combined with mine above. I thought about it for a few days and last night as I was drifting in that fuzzy, peaceful state between awake and asleep, it came to me.  My word is UPLIFT.
 
I feel a flutter of excitment and hope in my heart when I think of the happiness and peace I will feel as I strive to uplift my family and those who are placed in my path this year.
 
Happy New Year and God Bless.
 
When we love the Lord, we seek less for things that benefit us and turn our hearts toward things that will bless and uplift others. -Joseph B. Wirthlin
 

3 comments:

Kristi said...

what a great new year resolution. happy new year to you!!!

Jenny Bobo said...

I am always uplifted by you. Thanks for being that kind of a sister. Love you.

The Happy Halls said...

I echo Jenny. You uplift me always. Our entire family is blessed by you.