Last Sunday was a day! I had tried to be very organized because it was going to be a busy day. Kaiden was giving his first talk in Primary and I had Young Women's in Excellence that evening. On Saturday I spent a few hours trying to find a talk for Kaiden on the Internet without any luck and I finally put one together myself. I spent the rest of the day helping Kelsey with her belief box to display. Then I spent the evening putting together a slide show for YW in Excellence. I had made sure to block out Saturday so I would be prepared for Sunday without any stress.
Sunday morning was uneventful and we gathered up everything we needed. I was getting ready and getting the kids moving. I sent Kendall to get Kaidens shoes when he returned telling me there was something smeared all over the Hot Wheels track in Kaidens room. I went upstairs and found the "something" was Petroleum Jelly and it was ALL over the place. The Hot Wheel track that attaches to the top of his closet door and runs all the way to the other side of the room, was slathered. SLATHERED! He had used several toys to scoop the jelly out and they were covered and the cars all had greased up wheels. I went to the bathroom to get some toilet paper to start wiping stuff up only to find he had already tried and there were wads of toilet paper smeared with Vaseline all over the floor and counter. I sat on the edge of the tub to survey the damage only to find I had seated myself in a pile of Vaseline. It ruined my skirt. It was everywhere! After getting that mess cleaned up we went on a hunt for Kaidens shoes without any luck. After an hour of searching and with church starting in a few minutes, we loaded up and I dropped the older kids at the chapel and went to the store to buy a pair of shoes. I figured he couldn't give his Primary talk in socks.
We did make it to church about 40 minutes late and with the days events I was not in a holy mood. Slowly the stress eased away and I had a great day.
Kaiden did a great job on his talk. He spoke loudly and clearly. It was so cute. After church I helped set up for YW. The evening was so nice. All the girls were given a plain white box and were to make an artistic expression of what the young women values mean to them. They could choose one or all. I was so impressed with all the different ideas they had.
Sunday morning was uneventful and we gathered up everything we needed. I was getting ready and getting the kids moving. I sent Kendall to get Kaidens shoes when he returned telling me there was something smeared all over the Hot Wheels track in Kaidens room. I went upstairs and found the "something" was Petroleum Jelly and it was ALL over the place. The Hot Wheel track that attaches to the top of his closet door and runs all the way to the other side of the room, was slathered. SLATHERED! He had used several toys to scoop the jelly out and they were covered and the cars all had greased up wheels. I went to the bathroom to get some toilet paper to start wiping stuff up only to find he had already tried and there were wads of toilet paper smeared with Vaseline all over the floor and counter. I sat on the edge of the tub to survey the damage only to find I had seated myself in a pile of Vaseline. It ruined my skirt. It was everywhere! After getting that mess cleaned up we went on a hunt for Kaidens shoes without any luck. After an hour of searching and with church starting in a few minutes, we loaded up and I dropped the older kids at the chapel and went to the store to buy a pair of shoes. I figured he couldn't give his Primary talk in socks.
We did make it to church about 40 minutes late and with the days events I was not in a holy mood. Slowly the stress eased away and I had a great day.
Kaiden did a great job on his talk. He spoke loudly and clearly. It was so cute. After church I helped set up for YW. The evening was so nice. All the girls were given a plain white box and were to make an artistic expression of what the young women values mean to them. They could choose one or all. I was so impressed with all the different ideas they had.
2 comments:
Sounds like something my Marco would do! Those boxes the YW did are really cool.
you also forgot i had to give a talk too
Post a Comment