You know those day when everything happens all at once? I had one of those today.
Kaiden was sick all night with a fever. I got up this morning trying to decide if I should go to work. It's hard to take a day off because I get so far behind. He seemed to feel fine but I had a nagging feeling I should take him in. I was able to get the doctor to squeeze me in. I was trying to get he and I ready all while dealing with his constant runny diapers. We get to the doctor and find out he has a double ear infection and suspicious sounding lungs. The doctor sent me to get X-rays of his chest. While I am in the waiting room at the Radiology office, Kylie calls to see if I can bring her a change of clothes. She fell in a puddle. I tell her I will get there as soon as I can. I am trying to calculate in my head how to get her clothes, pick Kelsey up and get her to her Ortho appointment, get to the pharmacy and pick up the carpool kids on time. YIKES! I left the house this morning and drove around all day. After the X-ray I ran home to get clothes, took them to Kylie, drove to the Jr. High. Sat for 1/2 hour, went to get Kelsey, drove to the Ortho. Got there and realized Kaiden wet his pants. Good thing I brought a pull up. Changed Kaiden at the Orthodontist office. He was then wearing a shirt, pull up, socks and shoes. No pants. Left the Ortho with only 7 minutes until school let out! Ran to the pharmacy and then to get the kids. I was a few minutes late but at least I made it. When we got home I opened the garage door, got Kaiden out and told him to go inside. I loaded an armful of stuff and headed inside. I shut the garage and started getting stuff done around the house. I didn't see Kaiden so I assumed he went upstairs to the toy room. About a half hour later I was in the living room and I heard a faint cry. I knew it was Kaiden but it sounded muffled. I headed upstairs to check on him and as I was walking toward the stairs I saw him through the window NEXT TO MY FRONT DOOR! He was outside that whole time! I felt terrible. He was crying and cold...remember no pants. Nice! He probably has pneumonia and I locked him outside. At least it was in the 50's today! Motherhood definitely kicked my butt today....and the day isn't even over yet.
6 comments:
Wow. That made me tired just reading about it. I really hate those days when being a mom kicks my trash. It actually sounds like you did a bang up though!
I hope you get a good night sleep tonight. Those days stink, but the good thing is....they always end. :)
WOW...what a day. Bummer about all the craziness. Those are the days that you fall into a hot bath and say "Calgon....take me away." I am not even sure what it means...but the eighties ingrained it into my mind.
THE GOOD NEWS?
Every mother on the face of the planet has days like that. Maybe not the exact same trauma, but insane days non the less. Reading about your day brings back "haunting" memories.
THE EVEN BETTER NEWS???
You all survived. Give yourself a pat on the back for surviving, put yourself to bed and dream of a better tomorrow. Sure love ya. Mom
Wow! What a day! I think that we all have one of those days...maybe three or four!:)
Days like that are only funny when they happen to someone else. I feel for you, but it made me laugh. Hope you don't have another day like that for a while.
Post a Comment