I can't believe Kelsey is a teenager! I remember being 13....and it kind of freaks me out a little. When I was little I always wanted to be a mother. All those dreams came true the day that Kelsey was born into our lives. I remember Kenny and I went to the store on the evening before my due date to get some last minute stuff. The lady at the checkout counter saw how ENORMOUS my stomach was and when she found out I was due the next day she started telling us about Castor Oil. Kenny was eager to try it. We took it home and Kenny mixed it up with orange juice. As soon as he handed me the glass, all the Castor Oil separated and floated to the top....so you are drinking 6 TBS of straight oil. I couldn't choke it down so he mixed me a shake with cookies n cream ice cream and Castor Oil. That was 13 years ago and even typing about it makes my stomach turn. There are many lip balm products that I cannot use because Castor Oil is the main ingredient and the smell of it makes me gag. It did work though! About 4 hours after I took the Castor Oil my contractions came hard and off we went to the hospital. Kelsey was born at 6:04 am on her due date.
She is such a special spirit and I am so thankful that she came to our home. She is so kind and thoughtful and has always recognized the needs of others. She loves the Lord and wants to do what is right. She is wonderful example to everyone in our family and she is a good big sister. She is very talented with writing and singing. She is beautiful inside and out. We love you Kelsey!



1 comment:
What a beautiful tribute to Kelsey! She is an outstanding young woman and will do great things in her life. Happy 13th! We really miss you guys.
Post a Comment