Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I can cry if I want to...
Today was one of those days that I just wanted to sit down and cry! I shouldnt be moping because really I have a fabulous life with no worries, but I just had a day. I ran around like crazy at work today and at the end of the day I dont even know what I did. Then I drove to my parents house to get all my kids ( they are helping grandpa plant a garden ) and then rushed to pick up Kaiden so that we would be home in time for Kendall to get his baseball uniform on and catch his carpool ride. I am tearing down my street as his ride is pulling away....GREAT. So he runs in and changes (his pants have grass stains because I didnt have time to wash them), I grab cheese singles, one apple and a red bull for snacks??!! Then we race to the ball park and he is late and we cant find the field. I leave him to start his game alone and I run back to the house, pick up Kelsey, track Kylie down at the neighbors, take her friend with us to the Mystique Theatre. Kelsey is in the musical 'Wizard of OZ' and she had her first meeting. I was planning on dropping her off and picking her up later but they wanted parents there. SHOOT! So I have Kaiden with no shoes on refusing to let go of this huge flannel blanket, Kylie and her friend...Kylie has no shoes on either. We cram into this way too little space to listen to the weirdest man ever talk about the play. I made it about 45 minutes before I left with the younger kids. Kaiden is getting restless and Kylie is being Kylie...enough said. I sit in my car waiting for Kelsey because I think they are almost done. Meanwhile Kendall is at the park texting me that they are getting rained on. I am irritated now that the meeting for the play was such a waste of time. They could have had all the info printed and been done in 15 minutes....i am so busy that I dont have time to listen to this guy talk about magic tricks for one and a half hours!!! ARRRGGHHH . So 45 minutes after I went to the car, Kelsey is done. I run her to the church to go to Young Women's, she is 40 minutes late. Then I drive to Wendy's to grab some chicken nuggets because we cannot survive on a few cheese slices. :) I head to the ball park and hike to the furthest field in soaking wet grass. I sit down in a puddle on the bleachers just as the game ends. SIGH. I am not a good "soccer mom". We trek back across the park with kaiden dragging his blanket the whole way because he wont let me carry him. I get home and it is 8:45 pm. I left work at 4:00 pm! My mom picked Kelsey up from YW to take her to buy a swimsuit for her field trip tomorrow....she had a field trip??? I missed that one. THANK YOU MOM! I put all three kids in the tub and my phone rings. Some stranger has Kendall's cell phone. Apparently he dropped it at the ball field. He tells me I have 10 minutes to pick it up at the park. CLOSE TO TEARS. I call my brother Jeff and beg him to pick it up for me. He does.... YOU ROCK, JEFF. My mom arrives with Kelsey and a swim suit and a jumbo bag of peanut butter M&m's...because she remembers what this stage of life is like. Maybe the chocolate will help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow...one of THOSE days huh.. be glad its over and curse the next one on its way..but you made it through!!Good Job
Okay...you've convinced me that I really only want two children :) Sorry that those days even exist. I guess it helps us more fully appreciate the really good ones or even the mediocre ones at that.
Post a Comment