I swore last year that I would not do baseball again this year....but I found myself signing the kids up for baseball, softball and T-ball AGAIN!! One child in one sport at a time would be fine, but this is 3 kids each with a practice 4 nights a week at 3 different parks in town! That doesn't include the 2 games each of them have each week on the same night at the same time in 3 different locations. My typical day involves going to work, driving home and grabbing the kids, going to some park and getting home around 8 or 9 pm. It is WILD!!
But somewhere between the running around like a mad woman and the corn dog and nacho dinners from the concession stand, I love sitting in the sun ( not that we have had any yet!) and watching the kids, I love listening to the sounds of the crowds at all the fields around me, I love the pride on their faces when they hit the ball, I love it when the boys slide into home even though they dont need to, I love sitting on a blanket with my bare toes in the grass.....
So even though my house is a disaster and no one has anything to wear cause I am behind on laundry, I will enjoy this crazy time because my kids wont play baseball forever.
1 comment:
I hear ya on this one.. I don't work a full time job, but am still behind on laundry..We have competitive gymnastics 5 days a week and football and swimming lessons..I think I am trying to kill myself, but it is a blast!!!
Good luck this spring.
Post a Comment