Sunday, January 29, 2012

Christmas Fun 2011

 

December is always a crazy busy month so I give you a snapshot of our December.

Before the Christmas break, I took my sales staff to a Christmas lunch.  I love working with these girls!

IMG_3955

My mom set a beautiful table for our Christmas dinner.  It was a lovely evening enjoyed by all.

DSC_0541

Kylie had a school program and had a special part during the Kwanza song.  She was so insistent on having a red dress that we stopped by Wal-Mart on our way to school the morning of the program.  She was so excited about that $10 dress.

DSC_0559

DSC_0577

She is so pretty.

DSC_0580

Kelsey had her Christmas choir concert as well.  We were pleased to see her perform in the girls choir and then again with Trouveres. And don’t worry Kelsey, I got his picture…..There may or may not be a picture of the boy she likes in one of these photos. But because she going to kill me for writing that much, I will not divulge any further. Wait, I guess I can share his name.  It’s Alexandria.  At least that is what her dad calls him. ;)

DSC_0600

DSC_0607

DSC_0613

Kelsey sang a solo again and can I just say she has a beautiful voice!  I love that girl.

DSC_0617

Back to the boy Kelsey likes……. He gave her this bouquet of flowers.  Awwwww

DSC_0679

Now onto Christmas Eve.  We spent the evening with Kristi and her kids.  We opened ornaments and pajamas and ate lots of yummy food before we sent everyone off to bed.

DSC_0680

DSC_0689 DSC_0697DSC_0701 DSC_0702

Once I got Kaiden to sleep, Kenny and I enjoyed a nice relaxing evening that did not involve carrying a 350 lb box into the living room.

IMG_3968

IMG_3967

The aftermath

IMG_3970

This year Christmas was on Sunday and I was so glad to have the opportunity to worship on the day of Christ’s birth.  I was touched by the spirit and felt the true reason for this holiday.  Kendall turned 14 a few days earlier so he was sustained and set apart as a Teacher. It was special to have mine and Kenny’s parents join us.  We took a family picture and it was somehow erased. So sad!

Here is a picture of Kaiden on our way to Grandma’s house to open presents.  I love the mask and his basket of angry birds.

IMG_3978

I’m really excited about the sewing machine my husband bought me for Christmas (He also got me a pair of Uggs….♥ them!) I am hoping the sewing my mom taught me growing up will come back to me. My first project was a tutorial I found on Pinterest where you turn a large men’s tee shirt into a Dolman top.  It was really easy but I started with an XL shirt and taking it to a size small required me to go back a second time and bring the seam in tighter.  It turned out fine but the neckline was a little too big. Next time I will start with a smaller men’s shirt and it should turn out perfect. 

DSC_0855

                           DSC_0849 DSC_0858DSC_0862

I was really excited to get Kenny a snow cab for his riding snow blower.  It was actually the gift I wanted to get him last year but couldn’t quite swing it.  It was fun to watch him plow with it on.  Now he wont come in covered in snow and freezing.

DSC_0111

DSC_0114 DSC_0121

A few days after Christmas I took the kids to Utah and met up with my sister Becky, Aunt Shanna, and their families.  We took the light rail train to down town Salt Lake City to spend the day.  We walked through the Family History building, Brigham Young Mansion, the Conference Center and Temple Square.  My favorite part of the trip was our dinner at Benihana’s.  I have never seen my kids so well behaved at a restaurant!  Kaiden was mesmerized by our chef who was cooking our dinner right in front of us. We had a lot of fun and I took some awesome pictures.  But somehow I deleted them all but a few. SAD!  I hate when I do that.  So here are the few random pictures I have of our trip to Utah.

IMG_4002

IMG_3998 IMG_4001

IMG_4005  DSC_0846

DSC_0842

IMG_4010

IMG_4011

December was a great month for us.  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: