Sunday, November 27, 2011

2011 Hall Turkey Bowl

The last time the Hall Turkey Bowl took place was in 2008. This year the gang was all together again (minus Greg and Jenny) so we gathered together on Thanksgiving morning to play some football.  The stakes are high- Winners get the trophy and losers get to do the dishes. This year my brother Craig was in charge of making the turkey trophy and it was a sight to behold.

DSC_0020

We couldn’t have asked for better weather.  It was a beautiful morning with no wind or snow.  The park across the street from my parents house was the rendezvous point.

DSC_0021

Kylie and Zak were the team captains and began to choose their teams.  I was picked last.  Poor me.  Even my own daughter didn’t pick me….I ended up on her team because I was the last one left. Here is my sad face.

DSC_0029

Take a look at the two teams. You can clearly see the strategies. Kylie picked adults and Zak picked kids (Craig counts as a kid). Not lopsided at all. Ha! We all loved my dads hat swimming cap.

DSC_0030

 

DSC_0032

Now as I bombard you with some sweet action shots, you will notice several re-occurring themes-

  • My brother Craig thinks he is a ninja
  • Becky is trying to take my dad OUT
  • Craig is not here to play football, he is here to tackle Jeff
  • Crazy facial expressions
  • An “older” player who we won’t name, may or may not look like they are going to have a heart attack

DSC_0036

Jeff

DSC_0037

Kendall and Diesel

DSC_0038

Kylie and Zoey, the cheerleaders.

DSC_0039

DSC_0040

DSC_0041

DSC_0046

DSC_0048

DSC_0053

DSC_0061

DSC_0070

DSC_0072

Next up- NINJA ATTACK!!!!

DSC_0073

DSC_0078

I mean really, who runs like that?

DSC_0079

DSC_0082

DSC_0134

Some new friends joined our game so we divided up the teams again and what do you know, I was picked last. Whatever.

DSC_0088

DSC_0089

 

Dad, be afraid. She’s coming for you.

DSC_0118

DSC_0140

DSC_0097

DSC_0122

DSC_0197

DSC_0154

(Ahem. This might be the old person) Love you Dad!

DSC_0183

Kim took Zeb down, Zak took Kenny down….twice and Craig took Jeff down numerous times.

DSC_0120

DSC_0124

DSC_0142

DSC_0144

DSC_0159

DSC_0116

DSC_0117

DSC_0177

DSC_0162

I think I have figured out why I was picked last.  Notice everyone running towards the ball? Ya,that’s me on the left.

DSC_0132

Then there is Tyson who looked like a pro in every shot.

DSC_0156

Strategery

DSC_0212

I’m not exactly sure what is happening in this picture, but if I had to guess I would say Craig is dancing an Irish jig and Jeff is….I’m not sure what dance you would call that.

DSC_0150

BANG. HEAD. AGAINST. TREE.

DSC_0158

DSC_0105

DSC_0146

The Losers

DSC_0216

The Winners!

DSC_0217

DSC_0218

I can’t wait for the next Turkey Bowl!

2 comments:

The Happy Halls said...

Even though I've seen these once already . . . I'm still laughing my head off. These are most definitely NOT my children - I am far more photogenic and serious. All the moves you see come from their DAD! Thank goodness I was BEHIND the camera! LOL

Nicole Hernandez said...

You and your family are hillarious Tenae!