I do realize it is June and a post on sledding may be confusing. In fact today was the warmest day so far this year at 87 degrees! I loved it! I came home from work and read a book by the pool and just soaked in the rays. I hung a couple loads of laundry out on the line….which if you know me, is one of my favorite things to do. It was heaven.
I love summer and all that it brings. Kittens, trips to the store to buy flowers, sleeping with the windows open and waking to the sounds of the wind rustling through the trees and the birds singing their hearts out, frozen yogurt trips, and blooming flowers. Just to name a few.
And so in honor of the first day of summer I am posting pictures from a wintery sledding trip that I forgot to post.
I had the genius idea to take the kids sledding. And when I say kids, I am talking about mine and my siblings kids…..so like a bazillion kids give or take a few. I imagined many more adults being present than actually attended. Adults on sledding adventure = 4. Kids on sledding adventure = a small army. And did I mention they were all under 10? I do not recommend this. :)
Sledding down is always lots of fun!
Zak cruising down the hill
My brother Ben and his girls Grace and Lydia
My sister Becky and a full load….see what I mean about the kid/adult ratio?
3 to 1 on a sled? We are BRAVE!
Not sure how, but Will ends up under the sled.
Here comes Mom and Kylie. These are my favorite sledding pictures of all time.
Not everyone was so happy about their crash and burn in the snow.
Sledding down is all fun and games until you have to trek back UP.
I love these shots of my sister, mom and I . No need to adjust your vision, this is what happens when your brother takes your picture with snow gloves on. Actually it’s rather nice for blurring the wrinkles and such.
Ummmmmm…..I’m not really sure what is happening here…..Becky???
My snow pants bum is very attractive!
This hill is right behind my house, which does make it convenient. When the kids get too cold we just drive a few feet down the road and we’re home!
And now back to the pool…………..
HAPPY SUMMER!!
2 comments:
Summer is my FAVORITE time of the year too! I love the relaxing photo ofyour feet by the pool. What a cool house you have!
I'll talk to you later about those pics!!!!!! Mom
Post a Comment