Thursday, December 23, 2010

A little December catch up via cell phone pictures

It's sad when I have to look through the pictures on my cell phone to keep track of what I did this month! Things have been crazy at work the last few months. The Holiday Inn I work at changed flags to a Clarion Inn and it has been wildly busy!! The change happened on Tuesday and we are finally able to breathe a little. I am looking forward to taking next week to just chillax. So what have I been up to? Well you know me, my life is not complete if I don't attend a butt rock concert every 3 months or so. Kenny got tickets to see this-


I know you're jealous. Question: Am I the only person who thinks he looks like a woman. With a beard? Especially when he pouts his lips like this?-
Anyway, regardless of his looks, the concert was AWESOME and I sang to every Poison song. :)  Here is a cute snapshot of us.
We also attended our church Christmas Dinner and it was so fun. Attending things like this is never top on my husbands favorite things to do list. But he came because he loves me and it made me happy.We ate dinner that was served by the youth (Kelsey and Kendall) and we watched the kids perform in the program and I LOVED sitting there with him. It was a great night. We have wonderful neighbors up here in the "mountains".  Most conversations were about snow removal and it made me smile.
Here is Kendall singing a Christmas song with the youth....Kelsey is hiding back there somewhere.
Here are the primary children singing.  Kylie is on the front row second in from the right. Kaiden didn't want to sing so he sat on his dad's lap.  Next up is the cutest picture EVER of my sweet grandparents who are in my ward.  We sat with them and they told us about their deer colliding with car mishap.
Next we visited with Santa.  When asked what he wanted for Christmas, Kaiden replied, "Spuprise me."
 The best part of the night involves this cute little angel below.  When Kylie found out she was supposed to wear a white dress or sheet to the program to be and angel, she was on a mission to find a white dress.  We don't have one and I wasn't going to buy one for a 10 minute program.  When I tried to go with the sheet option she was not having it.  She remembered that grandma has an old white prom dress in her nativity dress up box so we called and grandma came to the rescue. She even had it dry cleaned and steamed.  What a nice grandma.  Now the dilemma of shoes.  She was not about to wear anything other than white. She pulled the white go go heels out of my closet. (I promise I bought them for a Halloween costume) I decided hooker heels were not the way to go and so she borrowed my white heels and stuffed toilet paper in the heels to make them fit.  That's right, we improvise around here. Actually it reminds me a lot of my sister Jenny and her Jelly shoes.  Ha ha.  That's another post. Anyway it was not embarrassing at all when she walked up to the stage in front of everyone with a trail of toilet paper dragging behind her shoe.

Here is an awesome picture of my sister Becky and I playing pool.  She was cold so she donned a scarf and hat. Love it.

Every year at Christmas time my city holds a Community Sing-In of Handel's Messiah. All faith's are welcome. An orchestra plays the music and the audience sings. I took Kelsey and Kendall with me this year.  Picture yourself sitting in a grand concert hall surrounded by 700 voices singing the Hallelujah chorus with an orchestra.  It was- Heavenly. Divine. Inspiring. I can't even describe it.  George Frideric Handel was truly inspired by God when he composed this beautiful Oratorio.  "Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."


Here are some pictures taken on my way down the mountain to work.




3 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Merry Christmas Tenae to you and your family! Looks like you've been busy as always!

Jenny Bobo said...

Hey...don't knock the jelly shoes. I am a genius! It was a genius idea...unless fashion matters to you! :)

Jami Nato said...

from rock concert to church...LOL!