I have been really bad at blogging lately. I come in the office, sit at the computer and then I just really don’t feel like posting. I’m in a slump. I even took this whole week off work. 9 days at home. I thought for sure I would get caught up on my blog but I never got around to it. Here I am on the last day of my vacation time, trying to cram in some posts. I figure I need to wrap up Octobers events.
I am absolutely loving living on a mountain. I love the peace and quiet. When I get home it feels like I am on vacation in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. It has been therapeutic for Kenny and I both. We are always on the lookout of wildlife and were surprised to have a moose wandering around our yard. I heard a blood curdling scream from Kylie….I thought someone was bleeding. I ran downstairs to see her pointing out the window at the moose. He was very close to the house so I ran to get my camera. I slid the door to deck open quietly got focused and pushed down on the camera button only to discover I had no SD card. Dang! I ran into the house grabbed it and ran to try again. He had started to head for the hill. I went to take another picture and still had my lens cover on. Ahh! Finally when I got it right, he was so far across the property all I got was this…..see that black blob? Ya, that’s the moose.
Fall was beautiful up here. So are the sunrises. I love mornings on the mountain.
Kaiden, my baby, turned FIVE!!! He is getting so big. We had Sunday dinner with the Hall’s to celebrate all the October birthdays. Kaiden, Grandma Johnson, Susan, Jeff and Becky.
Star Wars dominated the gift pile and he was thrilled.
Kaiden is such a sweet boy! I love his lisp and crazy personality. He loves to wrestle with his dad first thing in the morning. He is a tease and enjoys pushing everyone’s buttons. He is a mama’s boy and wants to be everywhere I am, insisting on a hug and a kiss anytime we part. He can make every light saber noise you can think of and when he plays…. it is usually to Star Wars theme music, which he sings. He will only wear his Star Wars pajamas and likes to spike his hair. He has very strong tastes in music already and always chooses what song we listen to in the car. He ends up in my bed every night and loves to snuggle. He eats like a horse and loves apples. He probably eats 3-4 a day! I love this little guy. Happy Birthday, Kaiden!
1 comment:
okay, I can't believe you had 9 days off and we didn't do anything. I mean, come on, I miss my Tenae! I never see you anymore, and it is so sad. I just had to tell ya :) Love ya.
Post a Comment