Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Sometimes it takes me a while to get on board with things.  I hear about something, nod my head, think it’s great and then forget about it.  I hear about Bountiful Baskets all the time on Facebook and at church and I just never really paid attention to the AWESOMENESS that is BOUNTIFUL BASKETS!!  Hello, what was I thinking? 

My sister got me into it this week and I will totally do it again next week.  Here’s the skinny……

It’s a produce co-op.  Basically you pay $15 and get $50-$60 in fruits and vegetables.  You show up with your empty laundry basket and you leave with a full basket of fresh produce.  You never know what you are getting each week.  It’s like Christmas!  Here is what I picked up on Saturday.

DSC_0101 DSC_0102 DSC_0105 DSC_0109

8 Peaches, 1 box of concord grapes, 5 plums, 6 bananas, 7 apples, 4 Asian pears, 2 stalks of celery, 7 onions, 1 bunch leaf lettuce, 2 bunches broccoli, 2 acorn squash, 1 bag of okra….ALL FOR FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!   There is a short 24 hour window to sign up for your basket of goodness. Check it out online at www.bountifulbaskets.org.

And who knew that okra is good raw?  Not I….because I didn’t even know what it was until someone told me.  Hey, I’m not from the south, okay?  This here is potato country.  But I like me some okra! :)

1 comment:

Randi said...

Waaaaa! I want bountiful baskets in CO! My sister is a true fanatic, so I check their website all the time to see if they're coming here.

I'm SO glad you love it!

and good luck with the okra. I would have NO idea what to do with it.