Independence Day is my second favorite holiday after Thanksgiving and this year did not disappoint! I love the hot weather, the popping sound of fireworks filling the air, the watermelon, watching the men act like boys when the matches and explosives come out, laying on a blanket under the summer night sky and watching fireworks, breathing in the sweet summer night air, listening to the patriot songs that always make my heart swell with patriotism and bring a tear to my eye. The only crushing blow to my otherwise perfect Fourth…….they didn’t play Be Coming to America. I LOVE that song. “My country tis of thee….TODAY…..sweet land of liberty….TODAY….of thee I sing….TODAY….OF THEE I SINGGGGGGG….TODAY!” Ahhhh. Neil Diamond. I heart you.
The festivities started with a chicken bum…
I couldn’t resist buying the chicken-blows-a-balloon-out-it’s-bum firework for my brother, Craig.
We ate food. We lit fireworks. We jumped on the trampoline and had a roller derby. Waiting for dusk to fall.
Man, my daughter is looking very grown up these days.
July 1st was our 15 year anniversary. We spent the weekend without kids so we look nice and relaxed here. I love this man……I will post more about that later.♥
I ♥ my sisters!
I ♥ my family too.
I ♥ saying I ♥ stuff.
Happy Fourth of July!
And a special thank you to my brother in law, Tyson who is serving in Iraq. We missed you.
2 comments:
Okay, A) I love the 4th too! It's my second fave and for all the same reasons. I love the USA!!! B) Kenny looks really good...that diet must be awesome and he looks healthy and happy. C) All of you look healthy and happy and I love you all. D) Kelsey is looking very grown up. She is so beautiful! E) I wish I could have been there to celebrate the fun with you! Looks like a great time! F) How the HECK do you post so many pics??? It takes me AN HOUR to post ONE! We def need to have a Blog 101 session next time I'm chilling in your estate! Mmmmmmkay?
Your pictures are so awesome...love your camara. It was so fun to spend the 4th with you guys. I love your family.
Post a Comment