Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!

This month my oldest child turned 14.  FOURTEEN!! I can't beleive the time has gone by so fast. When I look back at these baby pictures I still remember. I remember the sound of her cry. The sound of her laugh.  Her cute chubby cheeks.  The stubborn way she only wanted to be held facing outward.  The joy she brought to our lives. The way our world revolved around her.
What a beautiful baby she was! 
I always get a little sad when I look at my kids baby pictures. sniff. 
This birthday has been extra emotional for me because I know that everything will change for her in the next 4 years.  She will change and grow and experience many exciting new things.  A first crush, a first date, a first kiss. YIKES!  Many of the choices she makes in the next 4 years will affect the rest of her life.  I am excited for her to live life, yet terrified at the same time.


Kelsey has become a beautiful young woman.  She is very mature and has a strong desire to be a good person.  She is thoughtful and levelheaded and obedient. She is smart and kind.  She is a good example to her family and friends. She is good with words and has written some great poetry.  In a nutshell...
She is wonderful!  Happy Birthday Kelsey!
On her birthday Kenny and I took her to lunch and then to a movie that night.  We celebrated with family and friends that weekend with cake and icecream.



2 comments:

Kristi said...

i just cannot believe how grown up she is!!! i remember her as a baby too!! she was the cutest ever! and the world DID revolve around her! happy birthday to kelsey!!!

The Happy Halls said...

Time goes by soooo fast. I still remember her little cuteness also. Stop growing, Kelsey! You're making my head spin. But I sure like how you're tuning out! You are a beautiful, good, gracious young woman. Sure love you, my favorite oldest granddaughter!