Thursday, April 16, 2009

RODEO

For those of you who don't already know, I LOVE THE RODEO. Every spring the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo comes to Pocatello. The hotel I work for is the host hotel and so we have a busy and full week during rodeo. I am able to get tickets to go and I always have the best time. This year I went to three different performances. The first night Kenny and I attended with my co workers. It was fun and we enjoyed the concert afterwards. Shayna and Skyler Racheal and Casey On Saturday afternoon I took the kids, minus Kaiden, plus Zeb my nephew, to the afternoon performance. I also invited my friend Allyson and her husband Jeremy. The kids Allyson and I Kylie with the Rodeo Queens. Click on the picture to see it enlarged....then laugh at her teeth. She is sticking her tongue between her front teeth and it looks like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. Isn't Kylie cute? Here is the biggest reason I could not actually participate in a rodeo...I would not be caught dead in women's wranglers. They are NOT flattering on any woman. That and the fact that if I tried to barrel race I would probably fall off the horse and knock myself out on the barrel. The Whole Gang Notice our seating. We are on the floor by the roping events. Opposite side from the chutes. Kylie On Friday night I found out I won........ WOO HOO! YAY ME! I was so excited to win seats sitting above the bucking chutes. Kenny had to work in the evening and was joining me later so I went to the Rodeo by myself. When I actually got to my seats I was amazed. I really did have THE BEST seats in the whole arena. I had a padded leather chair with arm rests sitting on the highest platform right in the middle. I could see all the chutes below me and watch all the cowboys prepare to ride. It was so exciting! I took lots of video and pictures. I will be posting the best videos when I figure it out....and you will see how awesome my seats were. I am not zooming in on most of the videos. That is really how close I was. Remember where I was sitting before? I had good seats then, but nothing like these ones! It was the highlight of my week. The bucking horses are my favorite rodeo event. The one downside to these seats.....I smelled like horses and crap when I left. A small price to pay. ;)
Looking down at a bull
The view of the arena
Sitting right above the gate
A cowboy prepping the horse
Kenny and I

3 comments:

Darci and Ryan said...

I am so jealous!! I was sad to miss the rodeo this year, glad you enjoyed it though.

craig&susan said...

You are so lucky. I'm glad you won those awesome seats, because you deserved it. you rock!

Cami said...

I really wanted to go...but it was a really crazy week and we didn't end up with one available night. boo hoo, maybe next year!