Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat


I have to admit that I really enjoyed trick or treating on Friday. I think someone must have known that Kenny had to work on Halloween and that I would be taking the kids out because the weather was beautiful. I cannot ever remember a Halloween with out coats (except when we lived in Cali). It was a little sad this year though. Kelsey didnt want to go trick or treating and stayed home to pass out candy. Kendall didnt want to go trick or treating.....with me. He went with his friends. So it was just Kylie, Kaiden and I. We strolled from house to house and Kaiden was so cute! He loved this whole idea of getting candy. I had to laugh when we stopped at the Borgholthaus house. Melody was sitting on the porch with her bowl of candy. I dont know what came over Kaiden, maybe he feels comfortable with her because she was his nursery leader. He dropped his candy bag and reached in with both hands grabbing two handfuls of candy. I told him to only take one and he put the rest back. As we were leaving I said, "Kaiden, what do you say?", hoping to prompt a thank you. He exclaimed very enthusiastically, " Trick-or-Treat!" Melody replied, " Trick or treat to you!" He stopped, and looked very sternly at her. Then he yelled, "No! Not trick or treat to ME, trick or treat to You!" and he walked away. She and I got a good laugh from that.
I think I have mentioned that we seriously have hundreds maybe thousands of kids in our neighborhood (okay not thousands). I thought I was well prepared with candy. When I got home at 7:30 we were on our last few pieces and the kids were still coming....by the tens and twenties! I yelled to Kelsey, "The porch light! Turn off the porch light!!!" We both ran to the light switch, but it was too late. We dipped into Kaidens candy stash and then quickly darkened our house. Next year I will need ALOT more candy!
I know these pics and video are not the best....I used my cell phone.

No comments: